Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today. (5.9 yesterday). I am considering if I should up my night time Metformin from 500mg to 1000mg to see the impact on my fasting levels. I have my review with the GP on the 29th.
I'd suggest you talk to your doc before self medication.
I would be quite happy with those figures though, no need to change anything. it's your average that matters not individual numbers, as long as your avers
age is below 7.8 your doing good, from what I understand.

S

Sable_Jan

Like the sound of your cake ours as got plenty of fruit and a bit of brandy :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
400gs dried fruit soaked overnight in cup of prune juice, (it was already rum soaked from pkt so needed bit extra flour) day after mixed in cup of quinoa flour & baking powder wth generous amount of mixed spice and two tsp almond essence - one of the oily ones( both to taste of course). The quinoa flour gives slightly nutty taste (oh added some chopped almonds too) and a slight ground almonds texture. You could try adding some actually. It's one of those cakes that you can mess abt wth and still not go far wrong....

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure about the brandy lowering bs. Can you change the nuts because both me and Dad are allergic to them. We have both got epi pens.

S

Sable_Jan

Not sure about the brandy lowering bs. Can you change the nuts because both me and Dad are allergic to them. We have both got epi pens.

You can pretty much change anything. I added the nuts to the original recipe and the essence. Fruit juice was orange but I like prune as it mimics the treacle taste

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd suggest you talk to your doc before self medication.
I would be quite happy with those figures though, no need to change anything. it's your average that matters not individual numbers, as long as your avers
age is below 7.8 your doing good, from what I understand.

Thanks for the post. Haven't come across the average concept but that sounds interesting. Which readings compromise the average? Fasting, before dinner and 2 hours after dinner?

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 this morning. Had a rough night, coughing and wheezing. But going to church for Sunday school nativity which is always good and then it carol by candle light tonight. Wrap up warm in the UK.

Reactions: 10 people

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning which is not bad considering though ate carefully yesterday but then had chocolate last night whilst watching strictly final!

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.