Christmas dinner plans

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
donate them to your new family members Brunn :)

Yes! It's
Puppy Day!

We go over and pick her up at 11am.
Could barely sleep for excitement.
Which is, I realise, probably not something I should be proud of. ;)
I have about the same level of frenzied anticipation as a 4 yr old on Xmas morning.
I don't think I will ever grow up.
Mind you, it wasn't helped by a drunk woman coming and banging on next door, loudly, and for a long time at 5.30 am.

Not that I would give her a mince pie. No no no. Raw food only for canines at Chez B.

Ok. Will stop now. Am just twittering :smug:

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I'm worried about this Christmas , I'm so easily tempted and it's the first time in years that my bs is in the healthy range. Previous years i have not bothered about my diabetes and just ate what i wanted from Christmas eve to new years day! Bad i know.

Its just everyone will be eating bad things and i know ill be tempted. :(
So work out what you'd like to have and allow yourself to have them. But use portion control. I will have Christmas pudd. But a minuscule amount. And I will have 1 Yorkshire and 1 mince pie - not 5! I won't have satsumad and grapes as well. Or 3 handfuls of quality street. Just one or 2. Relax and be happy!

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Yes! It's
Puppy Day!

We go over and pick her up at 11am.
Could barely sleep for excitement.
Which is, I realise, probably not something I should be proud of. ;)
I have about the same level of frenzied anticipation as a 4 yr old on Xmas morning.
I don't think I will ever grow up.
Mind you, it wasn't helped by a drunk woman coming and banging on next door, loudly, and for a long time at 5.30 am.

Not that I would give her a mince pie. No no no. Raw food only for canines at Chez B.

Ok. Will stop now. Am just twittering :smug:
what kind of puppy? We can't have a dog but we are at my mums now. There are 8 of them. 5 golden retrievers and 3 mini daschaunds! Girls are asleep and I am going to sneak down in a minute for a cup of coffee! Excited for you!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
what kind of puppy? We can't have a dog but we are at my mums now. There are 8 of them. 5 golden retrievers and 3 mini daschaunds! Girls are asleep and I am going to sneak down in a minute for a cup of coffee! Excited for you!

Shih tzu. Little girl.
The 18 month old boy we already have has no idea what is about to hit him.
:D

image.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Oh yes. I completely understand.
I'm currently obsessed with mince pies. :(
Not yet inhaled one.
But it's only a matter of time.
They haunt me.
I dream about them.

Luckily I cant stand them or Christmas cake or puddings
Its the currants :yuck::yuck::yuck: with me !

Now scallops with garlic butter is another matter !
Yummy :hungry:

A

AnnieC

I am prediabetic and my husband is a newish T2. Christmas dinner is at our daughters so we will have the full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings including the roasties after my husband will have some christmas pudding with custard just as he always has had for the last over 80 christmases. I will probably be to full to eat any dessert and I don't like christmas pudding or mince pies any way but maybe some fruit and cream a bit later The one day a year we should eat what we like and enjoy it

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are you naming your new puppy ?
Her/him ?

She's called Tara.
Very bouncy at her home.
Hysterical in the car, and pretty worn out now.
Nope. She's out for the count and snoring!
Start as you mean to go on, eh?

Will post some pics in General Chat (don't want to derail this thread)

:D

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gorgeous... We have a 2/12 year old Shih tzu and she is the best dog in the world I would love another one but can't afford the grooming for two..£40 every 8 weeks her hair do's cost more than mine lol.

Ouch!
Prices are MUCH lower round here... Allthough I'm considering buying some clippers.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Gorgeous... We have a 2/12 year old Shih tzu and she is the best dog in the world I would love another one but can't afford the grooming for two..£40 every 8 weeks her hair do's cost more than mine lol.

Youtube has some good video's on dog grooming, alternatively go to your local library and get a book Annie.