Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Reactions: 9 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 bedtime
6.7 fasting

A challenging day yesterday entertaining 14 family members for brunch followed by afternoon tea. I was fine with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and a small glass of Bucks Fizz for brunch, refusing the fruit salad, toast and croissants. Afternoon tea was more of a challenge and despite having only 1 mini mince pie and a handfull of nuts (coated in maple syrup) and a glass of mulled wine, I hit 11.7 which didn't feel good at all. It quickly came down into the 6's by the evening.

Thumping headache this morning and much do to before an early departure for the airport tomorrow

Reactions: 10 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.8 this morning in my normal 5's which is standard for me , slight blip yesterday evening, chippie fish and chips which is normally OK for me, but the oven bottom barm sent me over the top 9.6 2 hours after, onto the bike 6.5 2hrs 15mins, going to bed 7.8.

Oh well once in a while don't mind but white bread never again.

Tidying the house today our Christmas visitors arrive tomorrow , Out-laws, brother in law and 2 nieces, 9 with in the house until NY, no rest for the wicked lol.

Have a great day everyone.

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. I have been testing everything else this weekend as well. HbA1C 5.0% or 31 mmol/mol and Cholesterol 3.96 total (HDL 1.76, LDL 1.97, Tri 0.51) so very happy with all of that; everything on the right track currently.

Maxwell

Reactions: 13 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.0 for me this morning.... Went to bed on 6.1! Now beginning to wonder if I am one of those people he sleep walks to the fridge lol

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 which is great considering I was at 11.1 at bedtime. Off out to sister in law's for nibbles later.. Will take my own in a box.

Reactions: 12 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning, had gone to bed on 5.1.
Had my now virtually regular early, sudden, hot wake up at 4am, Tested then and was 5.7 so once again the gp theory of too low isn't the reason?!!
Checked my averages on meter and look good:
7 days 5.6
14 days 5.7
30 days 5.5

Shortest day today folks......we can almost see lighter times ahead!

Reactions: 16 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
7.0 for me this morning.... Went to bed on 6.1! Now beginning to wonder if I am one of those people he sleep walks to the fridge lol

I put a lock on it Kezz :) take care !! Mike

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. (5.9 yesterday). I am considering if I should up my night time Metformin from 500mg to 1000mg to see the impact on my fasting levels. I have my review with the GP on the 29th.

Nothing wrong with fasting levels in the 5's. They are normal. Try not to compare your readings with some of the others getting much lower numbers. We all have different "normal" levels, the majority of us are happy in the 5's.

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Started out with a 4.8 this morning, which would have been a record for me had I not checked it for a possible meter outlier. The retest was 5.3, so I'll be entering 5.1 - still very happy with that, even though it's not a new record. Next time, no mercy ...

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

Nothing wrong with fasting levels in the 5's. They are normal. Try not to compare your readings with some of the others getting much lower numbers. We all have different "normal" levels, the majority of us are happy in the 5's.
Me too - 5.4 today (and I'm only pre-diabetic) mine range from 4.3 to 6.1 (if memory serves) but none of them are "bad"

Reactions: 11 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd suggest you talk to your doc before self medication.
I would be quite happy with those figures though, no need to change anything. it's your average that matters not individual numbers, as long as your avers
age is below 7.8 your doing good, from what I understand.

A maximum of 7.8 at any time is ideal. An average of 7.8 is too high and would put you with an HbA1c of 48, which is still in the diabetic range (just)

Reactions: 6 people

Monday12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooops, up to 9.9 this morning, for which I don't have an explanation, other than that I had a bottle of Coors Lite yesterday evening, which is about 6g of carbs. My total carb intake for yesterday though was around 60g, which is within my target. I guess I'm too early in my Type 2 journey (week 2) to expect any consistency just yet.

Sun 21 Dec - 9.9
Sat 20 Dec - 8.1
Fri 19 Dec - 8.6
Thu 18 Dec - 10.3
Wed 17 Dec - 10.8
Tue 16 Dec - 12.1

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooops, up to 9.9 this morning, for which I don't have an explanation, other than that I had a bottle of Coors Lite yesterday evening, which is about 6g of carbs. My total carb intake for yesterday though was around 60g, which is within my target. I guess I'm too early in my Type 2 journey (week 2) to expect any consistency just yet.

Sun 21 Dec - 9.9
Sat 20 Dec - 8.1
Fri 19 Dec - 8.6
Thu 18 Dec - 10.3
Wed 17 Dec - 10.8
Tue 16 Dec - 12.1

Just a blip. We all get them. I doubt it was the Coors. Did you re-test? Maybe a restless night, or some worry or other. Forget it and move on.

S

Sable_Jan

Sun 21 Dec - 9.9
Sat 20 Dec - 8.1
Fri 19 Dec - 8.6
Thu 18 Dec - 10.3
Wed 17 Dec - 10.8
Tue 16 Dec - 12.1
Were you up any later than usual? (Don't know if your meds prevent "liver dumps" but if not your b.s. may have dropped low and it gave you a "boost").
But as @bluetit said, just a blip, forget it and move on. You may find the fasting levels are the hardest to control because "we" have least control over them...

Status
Not open for further replies.