Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. I have been testing everything else this weekend as well. HbA1C 5.0% or 31 mmol/mol and Cholesterol 3.96 total (HDL 1.76, LDL 1.97, Tri 0.51) so very happy with all of that; everything on the right track currently.

Maxwell

Fabulous HbA1c results Maxwell. Very, very well done.

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A better 4.1 for me this morning. Ears and throat are still doing their irritating things, but they'll be getting a big ignoring today, as we're out with family for a late lunch and pressie swapping session.

Be good, boys and girls! Not too many sleeps until Santa comes!

Reactions: 13 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing wrong with fasting levels in the 5's. They are normal. Try not to compare your readings with some of the others getting much lower numbers. We all have different "normal" levels, the majority of us are happy in the 5's.

5.1 this morning. Is there any explanation as to why it can vary from 5.9 to 5.1 over 2 days with the same routine and food?

Reactions: 9 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Is there any explanation as to why it can vary from 5.9 to 5.1 over 2 days with the same routine and food?

As has been said many times, it is a lottery. Much of the overnight rise is out of our control. I'm always in the 5's, but a couple of weeks ago I was in the 6's for 3 days running with no discernible reason. Too much protein the day before can have an affect, as part of our protein converts to glucose at some point. I'm not sure of the science behind it.

Do you test at bedtime? If not, try it for a few days and see if your liver or something else is dumping glucose overnight. It is a good indicator of what is happening overnight.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you test at bedtime? If not, try it for a few days and see if your liver or something else is dumping glucose overnight. It is a good indicator of what is happening overnight.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tested before bed time as yet. Will try that and see the levels.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Also that's well within the accuracy range of the test meter. Long term trends should iron out such discrepancies.

Reactions: 8 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
4.1 before an early dinner up to 5.2 after 45 mins now I'm off to work, agh the joys of retail at Christmas

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.