Three cheers for diabetics

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't post that often but I just wanted to give three festive cheers for all us diabetics whatever type and whatever length of service to diabetes.

I have learned so much about other types on here and it is so good to read about people emerging on the other side of diagnosis armed with great advice. I've read of others who have unfortunately fallen over the same stumbling blocks as me along the way but have brushed themselves off and are trying their very best to control something that is often dismissed as "only diabetes" by non sufferers, but can cause mayhem in our lives.

So, many thanks for all the fascinating posts on this forum and thanks to the inventor of the world wide web. I just wish it had been around in the 1970's when I was diagnosed, dusty library books on the mechanics of diabetes just weren't the same! Hip Hip Hooray :happy:

Reactions: 29 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Indeed a fantastic reflective positive post and thread flowerpot .
Many thanks for this - it is great :D

Reactions: 7 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't post that often but I just wanted to give three festive cheers for all us diabetics whatever type and whatever length of service to diabetes.

I have learned so much about other types on here and it is so good to read about people emerging on the other side of diagnosis armed with great advice. I've read of others who have unfortunately fallen over the same stumbling blocks as me along the way but have brushed themselves off and are trying their very best to control something that is often dismissed as "only diabetes" by non sufferers, but can cause mayhem in our lives.

So, many thanks for all the fascinating posts on this forum and thanks to the inventor of the world wide web. I just wish it had been around in the 1970's when I was diagnosed, dusty library books on the mechanics of diabetes just weren't the same! Hip Hip Hooray :happy:

smiley-happy035.gif smiley-face-bouncing-008.gif smiley-face-hoorah.gif

Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And thanks to all those who've helped me over the last 18 months or so.

Reactions: 5 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Lovely post flowerpot,same here so thankful for all members who have pointed me in the right direction.
May you all have a wonderful Christmas.

image.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely post @Flowerpot

Three cheers for all forum members, new and old, and a Merry Christmas with many many happy returns.

My sincere thanks go out to every one of you. x

Reactions: 6 people