Favourite Christmas songs

C

chris lowe

And this is what I play when I get fed up with people yammering on about Christmas - you have been warned

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Jon Bon Jovi, Please come home for Christmas!!!!! Not a Bon Jovi fan.......honest!!!! :p

hornplayer

I used to do a gig every year in the Albert Hall. It was called "Joy to the World". We'd record it in November and it would be broadcast on Christmas Eve. There would be all sorts of acts, - the Kings College choir, big production numbers from west end shows, Cliff Richard would always make an appearance singing Mistletoe and Wine, the Snowman would be sung by the choir boy/girl of the year etc. To be honest, they all blended a bit into one. - The bit I liked most was a version of the Twelve Days of Christmas. Massively extended, different every year. One year it was Prunella Scales reading a series of letters, another was Chris Biggins dressed up like a pantomime dame. Each "day" was a production in itself. - Difficult to describe unless you've seen it. - the swans a swimming would be the corps de ballet from the royal ballet school with grown up ballerinas as the Ladies dancing, pipers piping were the pipers of the Scotts Guards, Drummers from horse guards and real Lords from the House of Lords, in full regalia, minus the leaping! - you get the picture.
We used to record Christmas shows at the strangest times of year, but watching that with my Grand parents on Christmas Eve, telling them all the silly things that happened in rehearsal, was pretty special.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 8 people
C

chris lowe

I used to do a gig every year in the Albert Hall. It was called "Joy to the World". We'd record it in November and it would be broadcast on Christmas Eve. There would be all sorts of acts, - the Kings College choir, big production numbers from west end shows, Cliff Richard would always make an appearance singing Mistletoe and Wine, the Snowman would be sung by the choir boy/girl of the year etc. To be honest, they all blended a bit into one. - The bit I liked most was a version of the Twelve Days of Christmas. Massively extended, different every year. One year it was Prunella Scales reading a series of letters, another was Chris Biggins dressed up like a pantomime dame. Each "day" was a production in itself. - Difficult to describe unless you've seen it. - the swans a swimming would be the corps de ballet from the royal ballet school with grown up ballerinas as the Ladies dancing, pipers piping were the pipers of the Scotts Guards, Drummers from horse guards and real Lords from the House of Lords, in full regalia, minus the leaping! - you get the picture.
We used to record Christmas shows at the strangest times of year, but watching that with my Grand parents on Christmas Eve, telling them all the silly things that happened in rehearsal, was pretty special.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Sounds wonderful!

C

chris lowe

Just watching a programme on channel 5 on the nations fave christmas songs. I'd totally forgotten Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo from the South Park lot :)

Kathryn_Southern

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
  • Santa Claus is coming to town: Written in 1934 and first performed on the Eddie Cantor road show, this was an instant hit.
  • Do they know it's Christmas?: Band Aid (1984)
  • Oh Santa!: by Mariah Carey

Reactions: 2 people

Liverbird1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Supermarkets, Vanity.
I love all the usual christmas songs, But there are two albums that I will always cherish and play at christmas time due to my childhood would be Johnny Mathis Christmas LP (I still use vinyl :joyful:) and also A christmas gift for you by Phil Spectar :)

SuzyMo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Marian Carey, All I want for Christmas. Best song to date.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Last Christmas by Wham and my fav Carol is Silent Night

I have a Christmas Wreath with Father Christmas in the middle holding a small sack. When I press the on button, he moves and sings " Last Christmas I gave you my heart.......... Wham,never expected that tune when I bought it a couple of years ago lol

RRB

C

chris lowe

I have a Christmas Wreath with Father Christmas in the middle holding a small sack. When I press the on button, he moves and sings " Last Christmas I gave you my heart.......... Wham,never expected that tune when I bought it a couple of years ago lol

RRB
Oh no RRB! Just read an article about being common at Christmas and among the list was calling it a wreath - apparently it's a garland???? Calling Christmas lunch "lunch" was another no no. It's Christmas dinner even if it's at lunchtime and the rest of the year it's lunch. I'm trying to remember some of the others but I can safely say that I am no longer common. Dead posh I is. :happy: (why is there no emoticon with a crown or tiara on it?)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Oh no RRB! Just read an article about being common at Christmas and among the list was calling it a wreath - apparently it's a garland???? Calling Christmas lunch "lunch" was another no no. It's Christmas dinner even if it's at lunchtime and the rest of the year it's lunch. I'm trying to remember some of the others but I can safely say that I am no longer common. Dead posh I is. :happy: (why is there no emoticon with a crown or tiara on it?)

images

For HRH....... CHRIS :p :D