Highs in first trimester

cleo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to control effects of stress on blood sugars
Hi all, 32 type 1, first pregnancy, 10 weeks and waiting for first appointment with the diabetic/obstetric docs.

Sugars are fine in morning (30 day average is 4.3) but I'm jumping about from 2 to 10 through the day, with a few even higher readings over the past few weeks (14 one day) Increased insulin:carb ratio, and checking every couple of hours, sometimes more, and taking correction dose if I go above 8, but worried about the highs. Is it just a high hba1c that harms baby, or do the short term highs cause damage?

Any advice much appreciated!

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, congratulations ☺️

Iv been having a few readings similar to yours and I asked a constant about it and she said as long as your average is low your fine. If your sugars are high for a short period of time and you get them down the baby will be fine ☺️ you will from time to time get high readings for different reasons and it can't always be helped.

Xx

cleo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to control effects of stress on blood sugars
Many thanks Madeleine, that makes me feel much better. Doing every thing I can but get odd readings I just can't explain. Just found out my appointment is tomorrow! No appointment letter, just as well I emailed! Hope you're keeping fine yourself x