Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

4.1 before an early dinner up to 5.2 after 45 mins now I'm off to work, agh the joys of retail at Christmas
Liked, but not for the fact you're off to work.... hope all customers are full of festive spirit (and not the liquid one ;)) and the shift flies.....

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.2 ...a little high. Also cut back on the dreaded cigarettes by 2/3 rds yesterday. 10 for the entire day .... amazed myself. Few cravings so we'll see if i can go with 6 for the day

Reactions: 20 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.2 ...a little high. Also cut back on the dreaded cigarettes by 2/3 rds yesterday. 10 for the entire day .... amazed myself. Few cravings so we'll see if i can go with 6 for the day
Well done cutting down on the cigarettes! Big thumbs up. Do you think there maybe a temporary impact on your bs as your body get used to less nicotine?

Reactions: 5 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Well done cutting down on the cigarettes! Big thumbs up. Do you think there maybe a temporary impact on your bs as your body get used to less nicotine?

Thanks SJ :)

Possibly but that's what i want to find out. Does cutting back or quitting cut down BS and if so, by how much. I'll soon know I guess.

The dollars saved are huge ... I was smoking 40+ two weeks ago and got up to 50 + when first diagnosed as I was super tense.

I can tell you one thing. yesterday I had a 4 hour break and when I lit up, it tasted disgusting. Mike :)

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks SJ :)

I can tell you one thing. yesterday I had a 4 hour break and when I lit up, it tasted disgusting. Mike :)
Same with some of the sweet stuff I used to like (apart from Snickers ;)) tasted sooo sickly sweet I couldn't taste the flavours anymore. Did crave a Bounty bar earlier but as I had none. .....

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I know how you feel about sweet things Jan i have noticed that too:)

Am also more conscious about how much sugar goes into baking and sweet things in general. If i fancy something sweet i have fruit ire a soya yogurt.:):)
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Congrats on the smoking, I stopped about 6/7 weeks ago after some 46years, not had a single one since but am using an ecig.

Everything tastes different, some good some not so.

But certainly overall results are positive.

Good luck on your journey

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 today, very windy but dry outside , it nearly work time, just 3 days left.

Enjoy your day people.

Reactions: 11 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
6.5 mmol/l...not bad at all.

Reactions: 11 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Congrats on the smoking, I stopped about 6/7 weeks ago after some 46years, not had a single one since but am using an ecig.

Everything tastes different, some good some not so.

But certainly overall results are positive.

Good luck on your journey
Thanks JohnD

Cannot put my finger on it at all but I have no serious cravings at all ... still around 10 today (and that's it with 1 B4 bed) and only smoking half of them as I usually do. Waste of money, waste of health :) Bit by little B*&*&y bit :)

Reactions: 8 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 before dinner
5.5 after
5.5 fasting

John and mike really well done for stopping and reducing smoking. Its very hard and yes gettong on to ecigs help getting off completely I have read so worth a try.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.