New Years Resolutions

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine is to learn to cook some of the fabulous low carb recipes on here. I've been printing them out as I come across ones I fancy but so far I have only tried the really easy ones. I figure if I do this, it will help me to stay on track and stop me from getting bored with the food I eat....

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I resolve to not write 2014 on my cheques in January.

2015.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
G

graj0

Almost that time of year again. Christmas is coming up and right round the corner we'll have 2015 creeping its way in.

I've already started seeing some of the typical 'new year, new me' statuses popping up on Facebook and it's made me think about what my resolution may be for next year...

Feel free to share yours here!
A New Year's resolution is a secular tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement or something slightly nice, such as opening doors for people beginning from New Year's Day.
Based on that definition we could all improve in some way or another. I'm so perfect though that I can't think of anything (only joking). I suppose I could start paying bills when they come through the door instead of losing them and waiting for a reminder, save all that time and energy.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saw a survey once where men and women in their retirement were asked about their biggest regrets.
Things they wished they had done more, in previous years.

A recurring theme was that they wished they had had more sex.

:wideyed::eek::oops::rolleyes::p:cat:;)

Seems there could be a message in there somewhere...

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
After my pathetic 2014, work toward good health, keep active and enjoy life again ... nothing more than I would wish for all of you. :)

Reactions: 8 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been thinking about this for a little while. I haven't done New Year's resolutions for a few years because I always feel bad when I break them. This year I am going to set targets for where I want to be in a year's time. That way when I have the inevitable slip up it won't matter too much and I can still l achieve what I what to achieve. :)

Reactions: 8 people

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2014 was awful for me health wise.. Its the year i got T1D for my birthday, and since then I have been really conscious about my mortality, and feeling like i haven't accomplished anything worthwhile :/

I plan on using 2015 to make the absolute most out of my time, once the holidays pass i plan on using every available minute towards accomplish a meaningful task instead of watching movies, or wasting away on the internet.

I so far i plan to get back into cycling, i want to go camping a lot, and i plan on buying a kayak as well. On top of this i have some professional accreditations to obtain, and I am also thinking of writing a childrens book and dong the art for it. This on top of my current progressing goals of maintaining my youtube channel, band, work skills set.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2014 was awful for me health wise.. Its the year i got T1D for my birthday, and since then I have been really conscious about my mortality, and feeling like i haven't accomplished anything worthwhile :/

I plan on using 2015 to make the absolute most out of my time, once the holidays pass i plan on using every available minute towards accomplish a meaningful task instead of watching movies, or wasting away on the internet.

I so far i plan to get back into cycling, i want to go camping a lot, and i plan on buying a kayak as well. On top of this i have some professional accreditations to obtain, and I am also thinking of writing a childrens book and dong the art for it. This on top of my current progressing goals of maintaining my youtube channel, band, work skills set.
I'm the same, also got T1 on my birthday this year and been feeling a bit flat.

I quit smoking (again) on Saturday, I'll continue that

And I want to not let negative people affect my mindset anymore

Reactions: 2 people

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm the same, also got T1 on my birthday this year and been feeling a bit flat.

I quit smoking (again) on Saturday, I'll continue that

And I want to not let negative people affect my mindset anymore

Negative people are the worst. But you have to remember that some people take things personally, and get offended. For example if someone offers you sweets and you refuse they may take that to mean " No thank you, I am too good of chocolate, and you ate some, so i am better then you" or some garbage like that.

I find many people jump to the conclusion that your choice somehow means your looking down on people who made a different choice (when i usually doesn't) and they get upset, and negative and try to put you down.

You can't change the negative people, but you can change how you look at them if you start to really understand why they are being so negative, once you get a handle on that its really easy to let it bounce right off you and wont affect you at all!

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Almost that time of year again. Christmas is coming up and right round the corner we'll have 2015 creeping its way in.

I've already started seeing some of the typical 'new year, new me' statuses popping up on Facebook and it's made me think about what my resolution may be for next year...

Feel free to share yours here!

This year's was to drink more champagne which I haven't. Last year's was to eat more fish which I did, eating 13 species in all.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I see I failed dismally with my last year's one, so I'm not going to make any more.

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not to really miss my Christmas dinner as much as I did last year!

Work the one out by Christmas day.

Only day off through the holidays!

Sod this, I having Christmas dinner, maybe just a roast chicken next week!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Im currently working on a low carb cheesecake and ice cream and a sugar free pavlova so I can take them with me to my in laws at Christmas and for the New Year I just want to keep up the positive attitude and keep on track with my eating and keep my HbA1c in the non diabetic range ( totally do-able )