Animas Vibe, Medtronic or Accuchek Combo?

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
As for cartridge size. I get mine tomorrow and think that although I'm a bit miffed off with smaller size, it is now only a case of dropping in a new cartridge.. No faffing around with loading cartridges. So what difference is it going to make when we have to do sets anyway?
I dislike thought of cartridge smaller and possibly shorter length tubes from the 100cm I have. However, I know Accuchek have the best customer service, and the best fine detail with their basals, bolus's and remotes so I am able to think beyond increased cartridge changing.

I'm changing to the Insight early next year, and the smaller pre-filled (Novorapid only at this stage) cartridge isn't a prime concern - I've reduced insulin needs such that I no longer get beyond 1.6ml (160u) before changing cartridge, etc., anyway.

I also like the fact that Roche are introducing standardised cannula and tubing connectors irrespective of which cannula one uses - I still cannot understand why it is that I need to completely change tubing etc., if I've had to change to a different cannula... such a waste of materials. :mad:

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
I have had a play with one, don't see at as an improvement on the current combo to be honest. The new remote already seems dated and clunky, the touch screen technology is poor. Also it has tiny pre filled 160 unit cartridges.

It is still a great pump though when comparing to the alternatives, if the abbot freestyle libre works well for me when I manage to get my hands on one, I may consider using that with the insight instead of the vibe and G4.

The insight is a nice size and it looks better than the original combo, but I think I'll pass come upgrade time, as I really want CGM capability for basal testing every few minutes. I also believe a CGM will allow me to reduce my standard deviation. The remote on the combo can be handy, but not as handy for me as a CGM compatibility.

If CGM is not important to the OP and a remote is, then the insight is probably the one to go for I think, as long as they don't have massive daily total doses.

Roche have (quietly) informed me to: "watch this space" when I asked about CGM compatibilty. I've since heard from another source that there is something CGM-esque in the pipline.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
All Pump manufacturers are feeling the difficulties in not being as CGM compatible as the vibe (not including Medtronic who have an woeful CGM), they are all making noises regarding future support for CGM, I'd take it with a pinch of salt until its announced.

Reactions: 4 people