anyone use?

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nova Echo pens? Just wondering as I'm changing to them as I seem to forget if I took insulin or not haha

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, I have one and very happy with it. I do use the 1/2 unit setting from time to time. I very rarely use the memory thingie at the end of the pen. It tells you the last dose but not when it was taken.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The NovoPen Echo is the best pen I've ever used, can't recommend it enough.

It tells you the last dose but not when it was taken.

It does tell you when you last injected, on the display it shows up how much time has lapsed since you last used the pen, have a read of the user manual that came with your pen for confirmation.

Reactions: 2 people

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm super excited for mine the doctors don't usually give it out down here though ;/ I don't know why but let's hope I get mine soon haha

Reactions: 3 people

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's one of the best things I've ever been given, I use half unit increments all the time because my ratios are quite high carbs to insulin, and it makes such a difference. I also find it's a lot more sturdy feeling than the disposable pens I was on before.

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hopefully I can get some more info tomorrow :)
It's one of the best things I've ever been given, I use half unit increments all the time because my ratios are quite high carbs to insulin, and it makes such a difference. I also find it's a lot more sturdy feeling than the disposable pens I was on before.

vinr8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They only go up to 30 units (ofcourse my nurse didn't mention this), since I use 35 unites of tresiba it didn't really work that well for me. Also since it's half units I had to turn it back all the way which was kind of annoying.

I also sometimes forget to take usually my tresiba. What I do is set it on my freestyle libre meter.

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Got to wait till tomorrow for them to be delivered although my red case is there and cartridges lol so annoying as they buggerd my prescription up this morning lol

Kelsie

I have had the echo pen for six months and after reading this thread yesterday I only just discovered the fact that it tells you when/what you last injected!! How amazing!!! I cannot believe I did not see this earlier-I am such a numpty!

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I got the green Levimer one sorted but not the fast acting one lol
I have had the echo pen for six months and after reading this thread yesterday I only just discovered the fact that it tells you when/what you last injected!! How amazing!!! I cannot believe I did not see this earlier-I am such a numpty!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Seriously, I'm surprised you never noticed it before :)