Type 2 Just had a Mike Gibbs start a conversation, don't know who he is, does anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well he didn't ask for any private details, so I don't see a problem.

I hope no-one thinks I'm being difficult, and I'm not saying it applies in this case, but PM's should be kept private. There is a report 'button' on PM's themselves if you have any doubts. I remember a very personal PM being shared with the whole forum a while back and I was horrified. Also when I joined you had to make 5 posts before being able to use the PM system, has that changed now? @Giverny

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have NOT been contacted .. So it's not a blanket messaging ... You are chosen .. That's sounding sinister!

Suddenly I feel honoured. Sorry you have been left out. We were not chosen by length of nose since your avatar would have meant you were included.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know what we have been chosen for? I mean, I don't want to worry anyone ......

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been able to find a MikeGibbs on the members list and his latest activity was conversation. No posts. Joined 4 Dec 2014.
Hi Daisy1, Just for information purposes, On the member list, where it says search 'Mike Gibbs' or 'Mikegibbs' for me brings nothing up and in this post doing the @ sign followed by Mike Gibbs in any format does not bring him up as a member either.
As squire fullwood suggest he may be useful to us.
Neil

leeemerick

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Feel really left out. I'm obviously not type 2 enough for him!
**** type'ists. Going to speak to my MP

C

catherinecherub

Hi Daisy1, Just for information purposes, On the member list, where it says search 'Mike Gibbs' or 'Mikegibbs' for me brings nothing up and in this post doing the @ sign followed by Mike Gibbs in any format does not bring him up as a member either.
As squire fullwood suggest he may be useful to us.
Neil
Hi @daddy1,

The fact that he did not post on the open forum to attract more replies really gives the game away. Why wouldn't he want as many replies he can get ?
In future if you have a PM that you are not sure of and that does not contain any details that you would not be happy to pass on, then I suggest you report it. His post would have to have been approved on an open forum. There are checks that have to be made before this type of post is approved.

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @daddy1,

The fact that he did not post on the open forum to attract more replies really gives the game away. Why wouldn't he want as many replies he can get ?
In future if you have a PM that you are not sure of and that does not contain any details that you would not be happy to pass on, then I suggest you report it. His post would have to have been approved on an open forum. There are checks that have to be made before this type of post is approved.
Thanks Catherinecherub, Understood and learning.......

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I agree CC. He's just being a tad sneaky as he knows this would be questioned in an open forum. I too was not blessed with a PM, am glad and would have ignored him anyway.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I replied to his PM last week asking for more info, which he provided including a link to a GP practice of the GP he was working with. Seems to be developing an App that does similar things to MyFitnessPal. I filled in his questionnaire, made some points about low carbing and NICE, no private information was asked for or given, no request for money. no different from requests by undergraduates we get from time to time. But he should have done it openly rather than PMing. No bother to me personally though.

Reactions: 6 people

nancyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't comfortable getting his private message and I ignored it.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
wow what a sensitive bunch we are :)

ok if he turned up sitting on the edge of my bed id be a tad put out, but ignoring the message last week seemed to do the trick for me, i wouldn't have minded replying if i weren't so busy (lazy)

id say there have been many cranks posting on the open forum that do need worrying about (*cough*), this seemed a pretty harmless message to me

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
lol @Andy12345 if he turned up sitting at the edge of my bed he would be a tad put out! :) :rolleyes:
I also got a pm but it has disappeared so this thread explains why!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Thread is being locked as this matter has been resolved .

Always use the report function button to report in - things like this to
'us' the moderator team .
We can and will pick up ALL the reports and handle them accordingly .

The function with/of PM is to engage private communication .

Status
Not open for further replies.