Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow Bluetit - you have made me feel better lol Whilst I often feel I am shoveling poo metaphorically, as much as I love animals I am glad I don't have to do it Christmas day :)
Last year I worked Christmas eve till 10pm, Christmas day 3-10 and boxing day 12-10 (hotel reception!) So making the most of being off this year! Going to be strange though as my eldest daughter not going to be here, she's going to boyfriends family so me and my younger (almost 16) at home!!

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I've always been a guest at Christmas as I am from a big family and am on a rota each year. Two thoughts have occured to me - one, be sneaky and be a guest at two houses and pig out or stay home and pamper oneself lol..dunno which ?

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Last year I worked Christmas eve till 10pm, Christmas day 3-10 and boxing day 12-10 (hotel reception!) So making the most of being off this year! Going to be strange though as my eldest daughter not going to be here, she's going to boyfriends family so me and my younger (almost 16) at home!!
Suggest a Xmas rave with your teenager lol...that would be fun !

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Not sure how accurate my meter is, but they seem to have stabilized around 4 to 4.5, which is very low for me. Each day they decreased and flattened out. Interestingly, they rose between 6 am and noon, then went back down each day, but with a smaller rise each day. I also lost 5 pounds. Maybe I'll start a thread on my results. I recommend a fast for any type 2 not on meds. I really felt fine during it. I even feel like my memory improved for some reason.
won't be joining in with that one but why not? There maybe others who fast now and again too. Outside wth dogs and being plagued with fireworks again grrrrrrr

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Blood clinic was empty this afternoon and surprisingly the P.O. depot where I picked a parcel up in town. Getting there was a different matter (though not horrendous)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol now I am starting to feel guilty as usually I am off for a full too weeks at Christmas.

Kimbo I think you and your daughter will have a fantastic time together no matter what.. And bet your older daughter will miss being with the two of you more than you can imagine...

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol now I am starting to feel guilty as usually I am off for a full too weeks at Christmas.

Kimbo I think you and your daughter will have a fantastic time together no matter what.. And bet your older daughter will miss being with the two of you more than you can imagine...
Last year was the first I myself had worked it, I haven't gone back to the hotel this year while the holiday centre is closed (back in Feb) but my late dad was a firefighter here for 30 years and many times I recall him watching me open presents then he was gone for the day.

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
won't be joining in with that one but why not? There maybe others who fast now and again too. Outside wth dogs and being plagued with fireworks again grrrrrrr
Fireworks Jan...at this time of the year ? Last one I heard here was Nov 5....the cops here clamp down on it after guy fawkes. Poor doggies

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Fireworks Jan...at this time of the year ? Last one I heard here was Nov 5....the cops here clamp down on it after guy fawkes. Poor doggies
Afraid so. We get them for weeks before the 5th, several bigger nights around the 5th, lesser for few weeks after but this year, don't know if it's always same time of year, but there were the Diwali ones too. The other night was louder than the barracks ever make on parade days.... outskirts of City :-(
Next is New Year..... Barring others inbetween

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I would guess, and it can only be a guess as I'm a lifelong non-smoker, that if your bloods go up a bit, it would be transient as your body is a bit stressed by your lack of nicotine; a bit like carb withdrawal. Your body could be trying to keep you in a physiologically misplaced "happy place". Stick it out, and if my hypothesis is correct, you'll moderate back to your more usual place.

But, yet again, Mike, this is sort of another one-off, at this stage? We can't drawn any conclusions from one-offs.
Thanks AB :) We'll see the trends :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
7.2 for me. Disappointed with that but could be worse

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 for me. Disappointed with that but could be worse
Hi Mike, its not the tress of thinking about giving up smoking is it, I decided when I was 40yrs to give up, didn't do it till my 50th then 10 years of nicotine gum, but i'm free now.
Neil

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.