This question is for my mom, she has diabetes

hollyvoodoo

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
but to be honest since her pre meal levels are quite low I think that this really needs to be discussed with the doctor. It maybe that another type of insulin or oral medication regime might be better.
Re the tingling, Have you actually tested her levels during the night?
no because she knows that during the night it drops naturally and by morning she is normal or slightly on the low end... but tonight i am going to test her at bedtime and later on if those symptoms are bothering her and keeping her awake... it's more like numbing and sharp pains in her arms and legs, and the heels of her feet feel like they are being cut with razors.

caliban

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Speeding drivers, they put us all in danger. Guitar players with sqeaky fingers. All i can hear is the **** sqeaks and I turn off.
Flax meal foccacia is a good alternative to bread, recipe at www.about.com/lowcarb Also tomato juice is high in sugar I think.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
no because she knows that during the night it drops naturally and by morning she is normal or slightly on the low end... but tonight i am going to test her at bedtime and later on if those symptoms are bothering her and keeping her awake... it's more like numbing and sharp pains in her arms and legs, and the heels of her feet feel like they are being cut with razors.
I'm not a dr but those symptoms sound like poor circulation .
Maybe when she has the symptoms try massaging with a little olive oil & lavender oil, in the affected areas & see how that works.♡

hollyvoodoo

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Merry Christmas, everyone! i want to thank everybody for taking their time to read and reply. i really appreciate it. Happy holidays!

Reactions: 3 people