New Year!

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Best quote on New Year is the scene in Trading Places when Eddie Murphy is an exchange student from Cameroon and exclaims "HAPPY NEW YEAR !!"

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
OMG...just listening to news and seems there's been a major incident in Glasgow in Queen St involving a bin lorry killing and injuring a lot of people...and I thought of going there earlier on today.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
OMG...just listening to news and seems there's been a major incident in Glasgow in Queen St involving a bin lorry killing and injuring a lot of people...and I thought of going there earlier on today.

Glasgow, oh I will have to have a look eddie. My niece was hit by a lorry many years ago whilst walking home from school, she had to have her leg amputated :(

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Just been listening to the news on sky,omg how awful feel for all the families.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just been phoning family and phew no one was there shopping today

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Back to New Year I am looking forward to the total solar eclipse on Friday 20th March 2015. This will happen just to the North of the UK. From where I am it will be a 95% partial eclipse and most of England will experience at least 80%. I have been thinking of going to the Faraoe Islands to see the total eclipse but trips are pricey and no guarantee on the weather too. Well here hopes it is a clear day and at 9.37 am everyone can get a glimpse of natures wonder.

C

chris lowe

Last time I celebrated New Year was the Millennium. Usually retire early with cup of bovril. The bonus is it is quiet on New Years day as everyone else usually has a hangover and have the bonus of another Bank Holiday on Jan 2nd in Scotland.
I have the bonus of 365 days holiday. Though I suppose I could look on it that retired people don't get weekends or bank holidays anymore ;)

C

chris lowe

Back to New Year I am looking forward to the total solar eclipse on Friday 20th March 2015. This will happen just to the North of the UK. From where I am it will be a 95% partial eclipse and most of England will experience at least 80%. I have been thinking of going to the Faraoe Islands to see the total eclipse but trips are pricey and no guarantee on the weather too. Well here hopes it is a clear day and at 9.37 am everyone can get a glimpse of natures wonder.
Somewhere I've still got my special viewing specs from the last full eclipse so I will have to start searching.

C

chris lowe

For years, Mr Chris was usually playing with whichever band he was in but since he's been in the Irish/Scottish band he's not worked on NYE. We usually stay in, light a fire in the hearth and ope a bottle (at least) of wine and catch up with our Christmas DVD's and end up watching Jools Holland. I remember one yea he had Martha Reeves and the Vandellas on and his face when they started "singing" was a picture. :D

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
For years, Mr Chris was usually playing with whichever band he was in but since he's been in the Irish/Scottish band he's not worked on NYE. We usually stay in, light a fire in the hearth and ope a bottle (at least) of wine and catch up with our Christmas DVD's and end up watching Jools Holland. I remember one yea he had Martha Reeves and the Vandellas on and his face when they started "singing" was a picture. :D
I like Jools' Hootenenay very much.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chris, did you see the eclipse (talking Aug 1999) ? Were you there or just see a partial one ? I've never seen a total one but it's on my bucket list.

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
I suspect my New Year's eve will end sometime shortly after my two (3 and 1 years respectively) hit the sack (7pm-ish). :dummy1:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have the bonus of 365 days holiday. Though I suppose I could look on it that retired people don't get weekends or bank holidays anymore ;)
Just RUB it in Chris lol....lucky you!:)

C

chris lowe

Chris, did you see the eclipse (talking Aug 1999) ? Were you there or just see a partial one ? I've never seen a total one but it's on my bucket list.
It was 1999 I think, the tv reporters were down in Cornwall but it was cloud cover whereas here in Hampshire we had lovely clear skies. It was a full eclipse I think. It was really weird the way the birds stopped and the temperature dripped like a stone.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You been up to anything interesting today Snowy or Sky telly night lol ?

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You been up to anything interesting today Snowy or Sky telly night lol ?

Morning Eddie no I'm afraid just housework,I have been watching some oldies on sky.
I just could not sleep last night must be all the excitement of waiting for Father Christmas.
Hope you are well today.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Here you go Eddie all decorated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 147