Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Docs reduced my antibiotics to twice a day and steroids still the same:rolleyes: . Only 2 more days till Christmas :):D
Sorry i am a big kid at heart. Time to try and get some sleep night all. Morning Mike sorry 3 more days for you till Christmas.;)
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 7 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 this morning
5.5 last night.
Thursford XMAS spectacular..
20141221_154027.jpg

Reactions: 17 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hi Mike, its not the tress of thinking about giving up smoking is it, I decided when I was 40yrs to give up, didn't do it till my 50th then 10 years of nicotine gum, but i'm free now.
Neil
Definitely not Neil .... never felt calmer actually .....really easy to walk past them and question myself why I need one. Then I just go do something else :)

Mike :)

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Definitely not Neil .... never felt calmer actually .....really easy to walk past them and question myself why I need one. Then I just go do something else :)

Mike :)
Hadn't realized you had actually stopped, there still close to hand then?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hadn't realized you had actually stopped, there still close to hand then?
No, haven't stopped just yet but aiming for 6 today, 5 tomorrow etc etc.

Finding it easy to resist ... MUCH more than I would have thought. :)

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, haven't stopped just yet but aiming for 6 today, 5 tomorrow etc etc.

Finding it easy to resist ... MUCH more than I would have thought. :)

I found the chewing nicotine gum very helpful but switched smoking for chewing, 10 years of it.

It has to help your bloods, as they recon you have sticky blood with smoking, never mind high sugars which make it even stickier.

The oxygen content of your blood will rise after you have stopped as the smoking puts a lot of carbon monoxide into the bloodstream.

You will feel better, it's crazy how such a small little stick has so much control over us.

Neil

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I found the chewing nicotine gum very helpful but switched smoking for chewing, 10 years of it.

It has to help your bloods, as they recon you have sticky blood with smoking, never mind high sugars which make it even stickier.

The oxygen content of your blood will rise after you have stopped as the smoking puts a lot of carbon monoxide into the bloodstream.

You will feel better, it's crazy how such a small little stick has so much control over us.

Neil

Exactly what i was thinking Neil. My second line of attack against T2 and worth it I reckon :)

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Exactly what i was thinking Neil. My second line of attack against T2 and worth it I reckon :)
Well from my calculations (wasn't too difficult) you have 5/6 days till the moment of truth, If your single minded enough to do 100 laps round your drive to get your numbers down, you will do this, it's all in the mind.

Bed time for me, Goodnight...........

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Well from my calculations (wasn't too difficult) you have 5/6 days till the moment of truth, If your single minded enough to do 100 laps round your drive to get your numbers down, you will do this, it's all in the mind.

Bed time for me, Goodnight...........
Nite mate :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
85mg/dl or 4,7mmol/l

Last working day before Christmas and effectively before we fly out to Dubai on the 29th. Going crazy with pressure at work with all the year end deadlines, but having to take time off work this morning for my mom's post operation eye check up. I am sure she will be fine. Not so sure about me!

Be good everyone but have fun just the same!

Pavlos

Reactions: 14 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning. I'm thinking "Life's not fair"............. just a little while longer in bed, is this too much to ask?

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.