Fizzy drinks with zero Carbs & Sugars (please post any others that you know of)

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know which of the fizzy drinks are ok to drink?

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Sparkling spring water.

Everything else either has sugar or it has artificial sweeteners which just confuse your body.

Champagne is O.K. at Christmas.:)

Reactions: 6 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
San Pellegrino is my fizzy drink of choice.

Reactions: 5 people

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My main drink is water but I do drink diet coke, coke zero, diet pepsi and pepsi max occasionally. They don't affect my blood sugars but they do make me constipated. 7up do a sugar free version.

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My main drink is water but I do drink diet coke, coke zero, diet pepsi and pepsi max occasionally. They don't affect my blood sugars but they do make me constipated. 7up do a sugar free version.

Thanks Denise. I have checked up on these and they all seem to have sweeteners instead of sugar. Is this still ok?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Cheers Nocrbs, I'll stick it on my phone and check next time I go shopping.:happy:

Should look something like this:

SP.jpg

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It depends on your views on artificial sweeteners @adrian207 but as far as I'm concerned as long as they aren't your main source of drinks they are fine.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Does anyone know which of the fizzy drinks are ok to drink?

There's plenty to choose from in most supermarket aisles, Schweppes Slimline Bitter Lemon is nice and refreshing as is some of the others in the Slimline range.

A

AnnieC

Thanks Denise. I have checked up on these and they all seem to have sweeteners instead of sugar. Is this still ok?
Yes I think all sugar free drinks except water will have sweetner in you can drink those if the sweetner does not upset you. I can have stuff with sweetners like sweets without any problems but don't often have the soft drinks rather have water

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I drink any diet coke/pepsi when im out. At home i tend to have pepsi max, 7up free, sprite free or lilt zero, or the sainsburys fake sugar free lilt. I dont worry about sweetners. Ive been using sweetners for the past 20 odd years. Doubt they've done me any damage.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I love Pellegreno too. My sis, who is a shopper and always hunts out new and interesting things, came back from the good food show and part of my Crimbo prezzy was a whole box of Stur (mixed flavours), I'd not heard of them before but they're tiny little cartons containing 8 shots to flavour water - any kind still or sparkly. Just had my first taste with tea and lemon and I really liked it. Says with some of the flavours e.g. Strawberry you can add milk. They're zero carbs and zero sugar as they contain stevia and everything else natural. If you just out in Stur in google they have a website.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I never understood the attraction of fizzy drinks.