Let's get back on track!

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well said. I've had a great Christmas, drank and ate loads. No more chocolate or beer, back on the low carbing tomorrow :(

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am back on track today... Strangely it was such a relief. It's funny how my tastes are changing. I am also starting to realise how badly the naughty foods affect me, not just my BS but my mood and wellbeing....

That said, for New Year I think I am gonna have to give up nuts as a New Years resolution lol I find I am more addicted to them than I was to chocolate:(

Reactions: 3 people

Janiept

Expert
I think there must be many stronger more disciplined people than myself on this forum, as I have loved every delicious mouthful of unhealthy festive food and am dreading going home and having to get back on the wagon tomorrow.
As for the scales, I will be giving them a very wide berth for a while.
All this season has done is confirmed how much I miss carbs :(

Reactions: 7 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think there must be many stronger more disciplined people than myself on this forum, as I have loved every delicious mouthful of unhealthy festive food and am dreading going home and having to get back on the wagon tomorrow.
As for the scales, I will be giving them a very wide berth for a while.
All this season has done is confirmed how much I miss carbs :(

I like the scales.
They never lie, they just give me a number, and what I eat decides how the number goes.

Food is the same now as well.
Some days I can overeat, and the food is the focus of the days enjoyment.

Other days I choose not to but I'm banking that for another day, and something else provides the focus of those days.

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Erm, excuse me, but is someone here implying I may have over indulged somewhat over the last couple of days?!
How very dare you!
Me? Eat the wrong things? Have a splurge over Christmas?
What on EARTH are you thinking about?
OF COURSE I HAVE!!!

and yes, I'll have to get back on track tomorrow ....

Glad I'm not alone!!

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am back on track today... Strangely it was such a relief. It's funny how my tastes are changing. I am also starting to realise how badly the naughty foods affect me, not just my BS but my mood and wellbeing....

That said, for New Year I think I am gonna have to give up nuts as a New Years resolution lol I find I am more addicted to them than I was to chocolate:(

Yes, the food and drink once regarded as treats now just make me feel sluggish and are not enjoyable. Shame I don't think of this during the consumption of said treats!

Reactions: 12 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back on trade sounds good to me. Until I opened the fridge door.....
:grumpy::sorry:

Back on trade sounds good to me too, @Nuthead .
I would trade all the beer and cake for some fresh veg right now. I am keeping the cheese though!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Me too. Although all milk choc and biscuits have now left the house and been given away. I am enjoying a few after 8's, a little bit more homemade Christmas cake. Then new years eve a few nibbles.

I had one After Eight mint on Christmas Day night after my cheese 'n' crackers, they are so small now, but good that they only come in at around 6g of carbs.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
By then I could be 2 stones heavier than last week! I started back on track this afternoon.

Well done Pipp, I'm hoping I'm not 2 stone heavier come News Years Day :)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, my scales are moving the wrong way, so a bit of work needed soon.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol... Just chuckling at this thread. I never went off track. Well, I kind of been having to up basal due to flu...
I had to self quarantine & change plans this year regarding that whole side of things... If anything? I may have lost weight..

New year is where it kicks off for me... Even then.. No booze. Gig night! ;)

Sam72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've not gone crazy on the carbs but I really saw an increase in BG when I had the odd treat - which I didn't like! Wish I hadn't now though because I'm carb craving and feeling miserable. Would love to sit with a box of chocs and a film this afternoon. Post Christmas blues already!!!

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've not gone crazy on the carbs but I really saw an increase in BG when I had the odd treat - which I didn't like! Wish I hadn't now though because I'm carb craving and feeling miserable. Would love to sit with a box of chocs and a film this afternoon. Post Christmas blues already!!!
Oh dear. That is the trouble with carbs. Once you start it is difficult to stop.

I have stopped calling chocs etc treats. That makes them seem less desirable. I know if I leave them alone I will be fine, but if I just have a small bit them the craving starts.

Not waiting until new year. Started sensible low carb already.

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Sam, I didn't go too mental with carbs but I did seem to snack a lot, especially after my dinner... Now I've got to ween myself off the snacking... So I think I will have to ban nuts from my diet for my New Years resolution grrrrrrrrr :(

Reactions: 2 people