Natural delivery

Bethgabs

Hiya everyone:)
On my first i had a emergency c section tried natural but he didnt want to come out too comfy!
Im due 5th April just wondering everyones experience with natural delievery and blood sugars/insulin ? My obesertrican said theres no reason why i cant try natural so im hoping it all goes well .
Would love too hear your stories
:)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll bump your post again. I can't answer your question because I wasn't diabetic when I had my 2 babies. My first was by emergency caesarean and the 2nd was a natural delivery though.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Diabetic with my 3rd child, I was going to have a natural delivery, ( over 42 yrs at the time) but that didn't pan out, as she arrived 7 weeks early , emergency C section.
I'm sure it will go smoothly and safely for you:)

Good luck

RRB :)

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Beth,
Am currently 36 weeks with my first so will let you know how I get on...am aiming for a normal vaginal delivery. Fingers crossed!
X

Reactions: 2 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
my wife had a c section with our first, as nothing was happening, 5cm was as far as it went................our second she was given the choice to go natural or c section but as it was clear she wasn't built for natural she choose c section........

if this is similar to you, you might want to reconsider...........lol...;)

sorry no diabetic advice..........

good luck........:)

jhinkson1

I gave birth naturally and have a healthy 4 month old. He came so quickly when i went onto the labour ward they didn't have time to put me on an insulin drip so my sugar levels were sky high afterwards for quite a long time. They will always try and put you on the drip to stabalise sugars.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Both my previous deliveries have been natural and I had no problem with my blood sugars. I don't know if it was the effort of labour, but they stayed nice and low.

Were you induced with your previous birth which led to a C Section? I had to have an oxytocin drip with my second as labour slowed down, and I found that far more difficult than my first birth. The contractions didn't feel the same at all.

With this baby, I'm hoping for a natural birth again.

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Beth, so I can now say that despite the diabetes I managed to have a normal delivery a couple of days ago resulting in the arrival of Rosie who was 3kg. I was induced at 37+5 and after my waters broke 24hrs later I had a very quick labour (so fast I never even got any of the decent pain drugs!).
Good luck with your pregnancy and delivery, I hope you manage to do it as you want.

Xxx

Reactions: 4 people

Bethgabs

Yes azure i was induced due to my blood pressure being slightly high border line preclampisa ive been given asprin this pregnancy so hoping my blood pressire stays the same.
They induced me but he was quite happy and after being on a contraction drip after 12 hrs had to have c section
Would love a normal deluvery this time they said in my last antenatal appoit it all depends how next few
Weeks go and the size of baby :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi Beth, so I can now say that despite the diabetes I managed to have a normal delivery a couple of days ago resulting in the arrival of Rosie who was 3kg. I was induced at 37+5 and after my waters broke 24hrs later I had a very quick labour (so fast I never even got any of the decent pain drugs!).
Good luck with your pregnancy and delivery, I hope you manage to do it as you want.

Xxx
@JessP
Congratulations on the birth and safe arrival of Rosie .
Lovely to hear of and thank you for the news update .

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes azure i was induced due to my blood pressure being slightly high border line preclampisa ive been given asprin this pregnancy so hoping my blood pressire stays the same.
They induced me but he was quite happy and after being on a contraction drip after 12 hrs had to have c section
Would love a normal deluvery this time they said in my last antenatal appoit it all depends how next few
Weeks go and the size of baby :)

I think induction raises the risk of intervention, including C section. If everything goes well for you, I'm sure you have every chance of a natural birth

BTW, I'm taking aspirin too. I've never had pre-eclampsia, but my consultant put me on it as a precaution. My blood pressure has been fine so far, so I'm hoping it stays that way. I think as long as we're monitored, then any problems can be picked up quickly. I'm not one for medical attention normally, but I do appreciate the extra care now I'm pregnant.

Hope you're keeping well.

Jules1979

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya everyone:)
On my first i had a emergency c section tried natural but he didnt want to come out too comfy!
Im due 5th April just wondering everyones experience with natural delievery and blood sugars/insulin ? My obesertrican said theres no reason why i cant try natural so im hoping it all goes well .
Would love too hear your stories
:)
Type 1 diabetic and had my first baby 20 weeks ago! Was induced at 38 weeks, everything ok but just standard procedure where I live and had a natural delivery with no intervention. Was put on glucose/insulin drip as standard procedure. Little one got her shoulder stuck on the way out probably something to do with her weighing 9lb but all good!
Hope this helps!!
Good luck, you'll be fine xx