Not open for further replies.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
I think I need a definition of exactly what is meant by LCHF, as people seem to interpret that differently.

And I thought I was the only one! I thought diabetes in itself was a minefield as we're all individual and what affects some may not affect others [eg I can eat rice, no problem] but LCHF itself has become a minefield within a minefield. I remember looking at the Diet Doctor website but lost interest when I saw one of their breakfast suggestions was cheese with butter spread on top....I mean, how could you..??? :confused:

Reactions: 3 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
And I thought I was the only one! I thought diabetes in itself was a minefield as we're all individual and what affects some may not affect others [eg I can eat rice, no problem] but LCHF itself has become a minefield within a minefield. I remember looking at the Diet Doctor website but lost interest when I saw one of their breakfast suggestions was cheese with butter spread on top....I mean, how could you..??? :confused:
How could you not!! On the other hand, that's a lot less ridiculous than being advised by a HCP to eat porridge for breakfast.

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw one of their breakfast suggestions was cheese with butter spread on top....I mean, how could you..??? :confused:

Well, I could. But I wouldn't choose to.
But there are always diet recipe suggestions that don't appeal.
I just keep looking til I find one that does appeal.

Please let's not turn this thread into 'why I dislike the idea of HF'.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

That's cruelty to cheese, :eek: cheese with butter spread on top, sounds sickening :yuck:

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I think decades of being indoctrinated with the bizarre idea that fat is unhealthy has turned a lot of people off things like butter and cheese. However, I love both!

Reactions: 2 people

PepperTed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

That was my reaction when I read the cheese and butter suggestion on a site. Yuck!!

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
I think decades of being indoctrinated with the bizarre idea that fat is unhealthy has turned a lot of people off things like butter and cheese. However, I love both!

So do I! But unfortunately I only like them between a couple of slices of bread which is a no-no for me ;)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I an addict when it comes to eating cheese, but I personally wouldn't want to spread butter on it :( If it works for you ard others, then thumbs up. We all have different tastes.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Diet Doctor also suggests a can of mackerel as a breakfast idea. To my mind, that is stinking cat food that has no place at the human table, but I wouldn't anyone who chose to eat it to stay healthy. Just saying :rolleyes:

removed unnecessary points . anna29

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

I love both - used separately 'only' .
Works best for myself .

Never together - :***:

PepperTed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diet Doctor also suggests a can of mackerel as a breakfast idea. To my mind, that is stinking cat food that has no place at the human table, but I wouldn't **** off anyone who chose to eat it to stay healthy. Just saying :rolleyes:

Saying something sounds horrible isn't the same as slagging off people who eat it!

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I love both - used separately 'only' .
Works best for myself .

Never together - :***:
I've never tried straight butter by itself. Sounds ok. Add a little cheese and you might have something!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Saying something sounds horrible isn't the same as slagging off people who eat it!
That's true. I wasn't having a go at you :)

I think this thread has gone a bit off topic. Hopefully some people who have not lost weight following lchf will be along soon.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diet Doctor also suggests a can of mackerel as a breakfast idea. To my mind, that is stinking cat food that has no place at the human table, but I wouldn't **** off anyone who chose to eat it to stay healthy. Just saying :rolleyes:

I love tuna, but tuna or mackerel for breakfast , no, it doesn't appeal to me at all.
Nothing to fussy or stinky for brekki thanks :rolleyes: Not only that, I would have to fight the cats off,:cat: and first thing in the morning too, I like peace and harmony :happy:

Reactions: 5 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.

Ha haa !! A woman at work used to eat mackerel at her desk for breakfast, the whole office stank. I think she got the idea :stop:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Diet Doctor also suggests a can of mackerel as a breakfast idea. To my mind, that is stinking cat food that has no place at the human table, but I wouldn't anyone who chose to eat it to stay healthy. Just saying :rolleyes:

removed unnecessary points . anna29

You read my mind +1000 likes

Status
Not open for further replies.