Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Tonight im trying venison burgers and cauliflower cheese.
Sounds lush....Let us know how it turned out... unless you have already and I haven't read it yet.. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didnt get round to posting yesterday's menu..

B.. Greek yogurt and fresh raspberries
L.. Chickpea flour pancake with cauliflower, onion and spinach ... It was sooo yummy... I had 2 :)
D.. Same as lunch :joyful:
S.. More raspberries, kiwi fruit, 1/2 banana, few pecans

And this mornings fasting 6.5! That's not bad for me ... For now anyways :joyful:

Reactions: 6 people

PepperTed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yesterday:

Breakfast - veggie sausages, mushrooms, tomato, tofu scramble and low-carb bread
Dinner - stir fry with veggie prawns, peas, peppers, pak choi, aubergine, beansprouts and soy sauce
Snacks - sugar free jelly, brazil nuts, almond nuts, peanuts and a bag of maize crisps

I seem to be finally getting the right settings with my pump to deal with dawn phenomenon. I woke up with sugars of 8.1 today, usually it would be around 13 :D

Reactions: 7 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I despair... my hair is falling again and my nails, after being the loveliest at Christmas that they've been for 15 years, suddenly crumbled again and my skin has gone from soft to dry, sucking up mountains of moisturizer with little result... :banghead: I have sent for Janie Bowthorpe's book, Stop the Thyroid Madness... I will let you know what she says, if it is interesting.. I'm sure it will be... :)

Thanks, I'd be interested to hear about it. I hope things improve for you soon, have you had your bloods checked recently?

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

I'm absolutely starving today. No idea why
B poached eggs with spinach
Just had lunch which was leftover pulled pork and salad
D is going to be slow cooked lamb shoulder and lots of roasted veg

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'm absolutely starving today. No idea why
B poached eggs with spinach
Just had lunch which was leftover pulled pork and salad
D is going to be slow cooked lamb shoulder and lots of roasted veg
Must be a Sunday thing..... :rolleyes:Mind you didn't have breakfast when I got up as usual as had hoped to go for a carvery breakfast (and for Ade that just means a help yourself full English served at the Pig & Whistle Carvery just in case he thinks I was going to have roast PORK for brekky) so had a pack of McVitie's breakfast biscuits later (thought they'd last until 2pm when my daughter gets here but just done my 2hr postprandial (5.3 up to 6.1) but am already hungry. Couple of spoons of Greek Yoghurt didn't help so got yet another cuppa
Don't know what lunch will be but tea is going to be a version of @Brunneria 's breakfast slab

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yesterday:

Breakfast - veggie sausages, mushrooms, tomato, tofu scramble and low-carb bread
Dinner - stir fry with veggie prawns, peas, peppers, pak choi, aubergine, beansprouts and soy sauce
Snacks - sugar free jelly, brazil nuts, almond nuts, peanuts and a bag of maize crisps

I seem to be finally getting the right settings with my pump to deal with dawn phenomenon. I woke up with sugars of 8.1 today, usually it would be around 13 :D
Wonderful news - well done.. :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks, I'd be interested to hear about it. I hope things improve for you soon, have you had your bloods checked recently?
Yep, at Christmas, and even with my hair starting to fall and infected sinuses I was told my levels were 'balanced now'... to me they were appallingly low... Madness indeed... I have to stop taking Levothyroxine I think...

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished catching up on all the posts since November - the last time I was properly lchf.....then I went on hols and fell of the lchf wagon...then christmas....l am trying again now but have been struggling but have just had a eureka moment :stinkyfeet::happy:. Have realised i have slowly gone back to low fat so currently been trying lclf... no wonder I am starving all the time. Off tomorrow to but some double cream and proper butter :hungry:

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon n scram egg, latte
L: carvery lunch. Beautiful beef. No Yorkshire but I had one very nice roastie
S: 1 of latest batch of peanut butter cookies. Better this time. Used 2/3 pb, 1/3 erythritol, 1 egg, xanthan gum and vanilla essence.
D: probably cheese. ;)

Back to work in the morning. :borg: Hey ho.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast boiled egg rasher bacon and the thinnest slice of spelt bread toasted( trying without the metformin comes at a price)
lunch egg and tomato mayo( we called it mock crab at home) cheese salad and 15g hazelnut dark chocolate green tea
snack spoonful nuts
dinner left over pork with more pork( belly pork, onions and mushrooms done in slow cooker) with roast swede, green beans and broccoli, 2 spoonfuls cyder vinegar gravy

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast; pack of McVities breakfast biscuits (35gs carbs) - not very long lasting, tasted ok but won't be buying any more
Dinner; 1 slice granary/wholemeal toast (well buttered) 2 fried eggs
Tea: a version of @Brunneria 's breakfast slab with a top suet crust (soya flour) and sprouts

Snacks - couple of tablespoons of greek yoghurt, handful of nuts & mixed fruit, maybe leftover cold sprouts later

lots of cups of tea and coffee throughtout the day but all made with soya milk and the hazelnut shot in my coffee is Jordan's Skinny Syrup

S

Sable_Jan

Ooh! :wideyed: How was it?

tasty but I added some dried Shitake mushrooms - mistake they were too chewy,,,,,thought I'd not soaked them long enough last time but extra soak made no difference. Don't know if it was because they were dried or cos they were Shitake (but whatever reason they lived up to their name ;))

The "version" was
sausagemeat, soaked dried onions (ran out of fresh) those mushrooms, good sprinkling of sage, mega squirt of tomato puree, (forgot about the egg) and didn't fancy cheese in it (tho I adore cheese.....) Pressed it down into a flan dish. Crust was soya flour, good pinches of xanthan gum, 1/4 flour weight of suet, salt)

I think I may try it again more like the recipe but had no minced beef either

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've used umami paste, tom puree, mushroom ketchup and various herbs and spices.

Will use some pickle one day, and maybe a jerk or curry paste... (Not at the same time)

Sage must be lovely.

alliebee

Tonight I made pineapple ice cream with blueberries. Easy. Little pot of pineapple chunks. Unsweetened. Hand full blueberries and double cream. Whiz in processor or with hand blender with 3 ice cubes...bliss. eat or freeze. Next to no carbs. Lush

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.