Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I like you here in our virtual/real world. and I consider you my friend. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do for the young people but be there for them when they need us.
Thank you.
I guess some social media has good points. I consider folks like you as friends too.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I mean, it is the obsession some people have with fb.

I was discussing it with a group of women the other day. Mentioned that I don't like to share much info about myself with strangers. Several replied, that they agreed and that is why they have given themselves a false ID and changed the location. Really? If a group of women in their 50s and 60s can do that to 'protect' their identity then what about those setting up false ID. For more sinister reasons!

Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No not counting likes, thinking about what you were saying scary really scary, so Facebook and Twitter are definitely going in

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I mean, it is the obsession some people have with fb.

I was discussing it with a group of women the other day. Mentioned that I don't like to share much info about myself with strangers. Several replied, that they agreed and that is why they have given themselves a false ID and changed the location. Really? If a group of women in their 50s and 60s can do that to 'protect' their identity then what about those setting up false ID. For more sinister reasons!
I never give my real life details.
No email addresses have my real name etc.
I have a number of Google accounts in various names.
Nothing sinister just that there's a lot of weirdos out there.
Lot of government too.
I don't buy into this if you don't have anything to hide you have nothing to fear.
I buy into I like my privacy.
What right do these men in suits whether in government or in power via corporations have to know anything much about me at all?
The word privacy is becoming a quaint old fashioned word no longer something tangible.
I'll have to explain to my grandchildren what privacy was and then struggle to explain why some of us cherished it.

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will chuck in people who are deliberately unkind to others on social media. Especially if they do not know them. They are just cowards and rather pathetic because they hide behind anonimity.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to throw in ADMIN for sneakily locking our FB thread without allowing us time to respond to the gobbledegook reasoning, which means it will now fall off the end of the page, I just knew they would find a way to do it.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was a bit disappointing.
Read like a press release (which it was, really) but did it acknowledge the issues? Not really.
And did it resolve them? Not at all, I thought.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I chuck in people who have nasty coughing viruses who won't make any effort to prevent passing them on? Especially the ones who turned up to my swimming pool class at the start of January. I mean, ***, why would you go to the swimming pool with a cold? A snotty cold at that. No the chlorine in the water will not stop you from passing on your lurgy. Now perhaps if you had held your head under water for the duration of the 50 minute aqua class it would have worked. What, can't breathe? Well I have been having difficulty breathing for the last 3 weeks thanks to you!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Can I chuck in people who have nasty coughing viruses who won't make any effort to prevent passing them on? Especially the ones who turned up to my swimming pool class at the start of January. I mean, ***, why would you go to the swimming pool with a cold? A snotty cold at that. No the chlorine in the water will not stop you from passing on your lurgy. Now perhaps if you had held your head under water for the duration of the 50 minute aqua class it would have worked. What, can't breathe? Well I have been having difficulty breathing for the last 3 weeks thanks to you!

Works for me @Pipp, straight in with them

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
My latest nomination -

Those push down taps in motorway services restrooms (non-concussive pillar taps, if you're a stickler for detail) that give about half a thimble of water no matter how long you push them down for (or non-concuss them, presumably). Often it takes longer to wash your hands after doing your ablutions than it does to undertake your whole journey. Exeter to London with two comfort breaks? 3 days. Budget hotels are springing up at motorway services for this VERY reason, it's usually quicker to book a room, do your business there and get a good nights sleep than it is to wash your hands in the services restrooms.
Can we put them in 101?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp and @semiphonic

Yes yes yes!

And I want to add people who cough all over their hands and then grab my mouse to 'show' me stuff on the computer, whilst leaning over me, pressing their other palm down onto my desk, while simultaneously breathing on me!
(This is a pet hate of mine, and I may have put it in 101 before, in which case the b*ggers have escaped!)

Also,

The people who flick water everywhere around the sinks in motorway services.
Speaking as someone who actually washes their hands (not everyone does :eek:), it can be a real challenge to wash hands with bag clamped under arm, or hung over shoulder. But you can't put a bag down on a sink edge that a herd of cavorting muckers have smeared with pink slimey soap and then flooded with lakes of water. I can't believe they do it at home, can you?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My latest nomination -

Those push down taps in motorway services restrooms (non-concussive pillar taps, if you're a stickler for detail) that give about half a thimble of water no matter how long you push them down for (or non-concuss them, presumably). Often it takes longer to wash your hands after doing your ablutions than it does to undertake your whole journey. Exeter to London with two comfort breaks? 3 days. Budget hotels are springing up at motorway services for this VERY reason, it's usually quicker to book a room, do your business there and get a good nights sleep than it is to wash your hands in the services restrooms.
Can we put them in 101?
Yes! And add to that people who do not bother to wash hands. Or just let water trickle over their finger tips. Disgusting.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp and @semiphonic

Yes yes yes!

And I want to add people who cough all over their hands and then grab my mouse to 'show' me stuff on the computer, whilst leaning over me, pressing their other palm down onto my desk, while simultaneously breathing on me!
(This is a pet hate of mine, and I may have put it in 101 before, in which case the b*ggers have escaped!)

Also,

The people who flick water everywhere around the sinks in motorway services.
Speaking as someone who actually washes their hands (not everyone does :eek:), it can be a real challenge to wash hands with bag clamped under arm, or hung over shoulder. But you can't put a bag down on a sink edge that a herd of cavorting muckers have smeared with pink slimey soap and then flooded with lakes of water. I can't believe they do it at home, can you?

Similarly the mucky keypads for payment cards at checkouts in shops. They need to have hand cleaning gel to use before and after so people who have clean hands like us do not have to be contaminated.

I have a bit of an obsession about germs, in case you hadn't noticed.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, I am on a roll now....the inconsiderate so and soes who defrost their cars by pouring warm water over the windscreen. They then drive off in their nice warm cars leaving the water to freeze on the pavements to catch any poor beggar walking on them. A&E departments are full of their victims.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I am on a roll now....the inconsiderate so and soes who defrost their cars by pouring warm water over the windscreen. They then drive off in their nice warm cars leaving the water to freeze on the pavements to catch any poor beggar walking on them. A&E departments are full of their victims.

Oops.
I promise I will never do it again! (Had never thought of it that way)
I'd been congratulating myself that I wasn't killing the environment by using chemicals.
:(
Hey ho. Back to the scraper.