Software for recording data such as Blood Sugars, Blood Pressure etc?

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friends,

Instead of keeping notes on separate pads i, and possibly others, would find it useful if I could collate all the information in one place on my PC?

I do not understand Spreadsheets or Excel so would prefer a means of recording the information that would give a printable hard copy for doctor, nurse etc.

Does anyone know of such software?

PS. Preferably free!

Regards, Peter.

cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Peter

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you are looking for is a simple form that you can fill in online then email to your GP to view the results

If so, you could ask a family member or work colleague to setup a Google Docs form for this
It feeds into a spreadsheet but you can view the results online easily too

Or

I have setup a spreadsheet that I could email you which you could save onto your computer and simply overtype the information
This is the same thing as the first option but on your own computer

Hope this helps

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What meter are you using? The Codefree one recommended by many forum members has such software which I find useful. I don't know how to create and set up spreadsheets or databases either. Unfortunately to get the free software on to your PC you have to fork out £12.99 for a bit of cable!

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Peter

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you are looking for is a simple form that you can fill in online then email to your GP to view the results

If so, you could ask a family member or work colleague to setup a Google Docs form for this
It feeds into a spreadsheet but you can view the results online easily too

Or

I have setup a spreadsheet that I could email you which you could save onto your computer and simply overtype the information
This is the same thing as the first option but on your own computer

Hope this helps

Thankyou for a very prompt reply, what you describe sounds as if it is just what I need.

I had no intention of emailing it to my GP , I prefer the face to face meetings! It is more than anything a more compact record for my own use and study.

Regards, Peter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What meter are you using? The Codefree one recommended by many forum members has such software which I find useful. I don't know how to create and set up spreadsheets or databases either. Unfortunately to get the free software on to your PC you have to fork out £12.99 for a bit of cable!

My meter is the free basic one from my GP (Caresens) being a pensioner all the test strips are free too!

I cannot afford these fancy gizmo's, besides which I would not be able to comprehend half of the jargon about using them!

Regards, Peter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Peter

Your email keeps bouncing

Can you please message me the details again?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
My meter is the free basic one from my GP (Caresens) being a pensioner all the test strips are free too!

I cannot afford these fancy gizmo's, besides which I would not be able to comprehend half of the jargon about using them!

Regards, Peter.
Hi I use the CareSens voice I've got the software etc for it which was free when I phoned them and asked but I use windows 8.1 and I can't seem to get to grips with it to work . So I drew a chart on graph paper and scanned and printed it out also just copied it as well. This works fine for my needs I have found.