LogBooks!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
H

Hooked

Being asked to write in a logbooks these days is like being asked to print out a form, fill it in, and fax it back to order something "online".

I disagree. I have a meter (iBGStar) that records amount I eat, blood glucose levels, insulin taken and notes; but for working out where trends are happening or what food has x, y or z affect on me, I find my daily written log book much easier to flick back and forward through and make sense of. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, I do love my monitor and pump and what I can do with them, but the hand written diary also has it's uses.

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm lucky since I have time to record on my PC everything I eat all the time plus BS readings and anything I do which might be significant. It helps a lot to see how I can control my BS.
I also upload on to the Codefree chart and I like looking at the numbers :watching:

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Being asked to write in a logbooks these days is like being asked to print out a form, fill it in, and fax it back to order something "online".

Get yourself a glucose meter that supports bluetooth and/or NFC, and it'll sync the results right to your phone. The GlucoMen Areo, for instance, will do this for you. Us diabetics should be boycotting glucose meters that don't support this stuff yet -- they're holding us back, and risking our lives with their delays.

For the meal side, check out Meal Memory ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.databetes.mealmemory&hl=en ), and, if they ever fix it up, Meal Scan ( http://vator.tv/news/2011-04-05-meal-scan-counts-calories-for-you ).
I've got the Accu-chek combo! lol

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
I've got the following apps on my phone;

DiaConnect and mySugr

I'm leaning towards DiaConnect; it is clearly laid out and you can add things like blood pressure and weight. It also provides a simple pie chart of how your bloods are doing with estimates of HbA1c based on your average results.

mySugr is kind of annoying and aimed, I'm assuming, at children; it does have a useful 'deviation from mean' feature but that's about it.

I used to have ManageBL but deleted it and can't remember why; they do hassle me a lot with e-mails so perhaps the app was also annoying; I might check it again.

Does anyone have an app that they swear by? I'm not going to use a paper diary for this; that just seems pointless to me.

Thanks

Dillinger