Update to my story

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For those who followed my story I went to a private clinic and remade the glucose test and they said that I have prediabetes.The problem is not that I have this condition, the problem is that I feel horrible for about three months now, my prostate is inflamed from the the repeated urination, and all other diabetes good stuff. I am really confused and dizzy all the time, my situation in unberrable, I've lost my business, my family doesn't understand that I feel that bad, thy think I have some sort of curse on me and I need to go to church. I am in a deep depression and I feel worse by the day. In three months since this nightmare started I changed so much and I am in so much pain that I pray to god to die, I just can't do this anymore. Deabetes is worse then cancer. I wonder how much I can take. I apologize for my negativism but I am without strength, diabetes took everything from me in three months....

K

Kat100

Hello can you confirm your pre diabebtic numbers ....sorry to burden you with this ..

If you are feeling this low , I would suggest you contact someone soon or tell a family member ...
There is always help ....make the second step ...

Coming here was your first ...hope you get some help soon , you say you have family ...try chatting to them ...
Are you a church member , I am not ,,but churches provide good support systems .....
Maybe you could ring an on call gp if you feel so bad , you dontbhave to suffer ....support is available ....

Sorry I did not follow your story ,,so feel a bit lost at the moment ...but I wish you well , do seek help ....medical

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Your symptoms don't necessarily relate to diabetes...

Pre diabetes is not nevessarily going to give you constant urination peoblems, as this would be when you have contantly high blood glucose levels. Prediabetes indicates that you have some levels going above the normal ranges but that they are a warning and could be lowered naturally if you cut the carbs.

Feeling awful does not have to be related to diabetes...did your doc check other bloods? Did you have a prostrate check over?

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Can I just whisper to you Cancer can be terminal .
Diabetes isn't terminal just permanent .
Remember this and it wont/shouldn't feel as gloomy .

Pain management via your GP / Hospital for your pain ?

You will need to discuss and express the depression with your GP .
Yes - depression can really suck and drag you down .
Feeling rough plus depression will feel grim indeed .

Also tell your GP about the inflammation factors from repeated urination .

Seek a 2nd opinion on this perhaps ?

Get all the HCP help you can do .
You will need this to help you along near your own town/home .

Assess your own BG levels , test and retest these - write them all down in a note book perhaps?
Work on keeping a log of these if you wish .
If keep within pre-diabetes range - you can feel more reassured perhaps ?

Even getting things aired and talked to an understanding HCP is a start in the right direction .
Little steps one at a time kind of thing .

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
doesn't sound like pre-diabetes to me, I'd go back to the Dr with your symptoms and ask 'what else can it be'

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
doesn't sound like pre-diabetes to me, I'd go back to the Dr with your symptoms and ask 'what else can it be'

I agree. You are pre diabetic not full
blown diabetic.

Go back to your GP or HCP and ask why your prostrate is enlarged.

Frequent urination would not necessarily occur at prediabetes.. And could be caused by other reasons.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the fifth hospital I was in, this was a private clinic spent about 10k in a week. My symptoms are, sweet mouth all the time except when I eat, blurry vision, constant dizzynes and confusion, really tiered and sleepy all the time specially after I eat, after I eat the confusion is getting worse like I am drunk almost impossible to even think, frequent urination plus prostate pain (inflamation), after I eat my hart beats funny and in hospital I had a low blood pressure, they had to give me cortisol and adrenaline to wake me up.

About blood results, low hdl high ldl, really low vitamin D3, an hour after glucose test I had 196 mg/ml after two hours 174 mg/ml, after three hours 117 mg/dl. Insulimenia in normal values.

Today I've eat three bananas banana and I got to 189 mg/dl...

The doctors refused to believe my symptoms, they said is impossible to feel that bad with this results also they said to try metformin...

They give me antidepresive and I took it for a month but they drop my blood pressure even more and in a they had no results, I think they made it worse.

I also have some tinitus in my years and they seam to get worse...

About the prostate the doctor looked at me without an answer, he gieve me some medicine but without a diagnosis.

Thank you all for reading my sad story.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
So have you just had bananas today?

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No. I just wanted to see how high my blood sugar will rise.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I think you are trying to push your levels up... Personally. Why not eat a day of fat n protein and less than 50g carbs and see how low you stay?

If you are feeling ill why are you trying to push your levels up?? Surely you want to see them lower??? The lower they go if you have pre diabetes the better. 3 bananas to me seems to be an excess of pushing your body to see how bad it will feel. Do you really eat 3 bananas in one go normally?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried high protein and my levels are in range but my kidneys hurt. I don't try to push my levels up I was just curious how high it can get. Before this mess I was eating bananas and my blood sugar was in two figures all the time.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
So if you knew eating two bananas pushed you up in to double figures what were you honestly trying to do by eating 3 bananas?

What does your normal day to day eating consist of?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Why high protein?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm certain you are in a mess, you do need to be sorted, I'm certain that if you don't eat carbs, you will feel a little better. If you lower your carb intake every day you will improve!
You do need to get in control of your blood glucose levels as I know where you are now! I was there 18 months ago and I got desperate and needed help but it wasn't until I, myself did something, eat no carbs and sugars did I slowly get better. Now I have my confidence back and I'm really healthy.

It's not about what you have got, it's about what you and you alone do about it!!

Do it tonight, do it tomorrow, cut the carbs, you do know it's logical.

And seek medical advice again, keep fighting, don't give in!

Let us know how you do! I did it so can you!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I was diagnosed with T1,I was urinating a lot . My fasting reading was was almost 400mg/dl, and it is very high levels like this that leads to the various symptoms that you read about.
. That;s why your doctors are suggesting that with pre diabetes you won't be getting these symptoms . The glucose tolerance test showed that your glucose levels are not reaching that high and you produce sufficient insulin to get glucose levels back into a normal range.
Having pre diabetes doesn't mean that you have to develop diabetes at all. It is a warning. Lifestyle changes have been shown to be really effective as has metformin http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/riskfortype2/index.aspx
You do need to continue to talk with your doctor about how you feel because you are obviously still feeling unwell.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the advice, I have tried everything nothing works. I feel worse by the day and I am 100% sure this is related to my blood glucose. Maybe I am more sensitive to blood glucose variation. I am not sure, all I know that I live a nightmare and I can't find a way out.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the advice, I have tried everything nothing works. I feel worse by the day and I am 100% sure this is related to my blood glucose. Maybe I am more sensitive to blood glucose variation. I am not sure, all I know that I live a nightmare and I can't find a way out.

Can you give us a typical day's menu? Maybe we can spot something.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For example this morning I had some egs with olivs, a banana and some nuts.