Update to my story

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ok, so did you test 2 hours after this food?

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and it was 94 mg/ml but I still feel like ****. What bother me the most and it makes my life impossible is the confusion/ dizziness, I could even ignore the prostate problem. I would give anything to see life and have the energy I had three months ago.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just want to add, my tinitus is getting worse, I started to have head pain and extreme dizziness and brain fog. I am afraid to think what is coming next, I forgot how it is to feel good.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok... I had a minor brain stroke, my head hurts really had, the dizziness is worse, tinitus is worse. In four months "prediabetes" finished me. At this point I have no energy to fight anymore and I am preparing to die, probably at how I feel it will not take long. I am still taking psihiatric treatment for depression but I don't think it matters anymore. My only wish is to find out why I die...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@tibi

I'm so sorry - are they investigating to find out what caused the stroke?
How are you now?

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No. They said is nothing serious to go home... I don't have strength to fight this anymore, my family doesn't understand what is happening and they hope it will pass, for example they made cookies and because I am tired to explain them my condition I eat them, a lot of them. I don't have access to a glucometer because I spent all my money in this four months but I am prety sure my blood sugar is high.

I am selling my house to have money to see other doctors but it will take time and I am losing the battle...

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You obviously aren't living in the UK so it's hard to give you advice about who to contact but you do sound very depressed. Don't be frightened or dismiss talking to your psychiatric doctor or advisor. It's their job to help you through your worries.
.You say that you have already seen lots of different doctors and been in several hospitals. Seeing more doctors does not necessarily equate to better or different advice.
If you have some access to health care then I really think that it seems to be a bad time to make major decisions. such as selling a house.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think you understand my situation. I am at a point when I am 100% sure that I will die in a few months or sooner. My head hurts so bad that I can barely use my eyes, after I eat is getting worse, I am so confused and my brain hurts so bad is like is ready to explode plus tons of other simpthoms, some of them the most frustrating one is inflamed prostate and frequent urination.

This is my last hope to try a hospital outside of my country. I can come to UK to 8f you can recommend a good clinic and doctor.

All I ask is chance to live, I am ready to make any sacrifice.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunneria "I'm so sorry - are they investigating to find out what caused the stroke?"
tibi "No. They said is nothing serious to go home... I don't have strength to fight this anymore, my family doesn't understand what is happening and they hope it will pass, for example they made cookies and because I am tired to explain them my condition I eat them, a lot of them. I don't have access to a glucometer because I spent all my money in this four months but I am prety sure my blood sugar is high.

I am selling my house to have money to see other doctors but it will take time and I am losing the battle..."

This is terrible. When I was diagnosed with type two at a routine medical I had no symptoms and my glucose was 335mg/dL (18.6mmol/L) and I felt fine and had no symptoms although that is very unusual. It doesn't sound as if your symptoms are from diabetes and just to tell you to go home when you are clearly so depressed and sick is awful. DO NOT EAT THE COOKIES, show your family this thread and explain to them that you can't have sweet things. Have you had kidney function blood tests done as that could be the cause of your symptoms especially as eating protein made you worse.

I am so sorry that you are in such a bad way. Can you tell us where you live as at the moment we don't know enough to be of any real help?

Reactions: 2 people

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in Romania... about the stroke they said is minor and I will not die from it... about the prostate nobody could find out why is inflamed and I urinate all the time. I am in a hell since this nightmare started four months ago and I am a broken man at this time. It makes no sense that no doctor believe me that I feel this way. My blood work only the glucose test was 196 mg/dl at 1 hour and 173 mg/dl at two hours also I was low on vitamin D.

I am transfigurated by pain, and now my brain and eyes hurts, the confusion qnd dizziness are unbearable. Sometimes I wonder how can I go on. The human hody is a terrible machine.

Thank you for your support. Like I said I just want a chance to live, I hope I will find a doctor that can put me on the right track and I hope it will not be too late.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I noticed in an earlier post, you posted that it was after food that it was s the worst.
If you could give us a better idea what you are eating, if it is high in carbs and sugars, then cut them out, if it's not, then I'm at a loss.
There's an old saying, don't eat what's killing you.
A lot of the symptoms you have described could, be .hypoglycaemia, I'm not sure but at a guess they are very similar.
Keep posting.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It doesn't matter what I eat, the sensation is the same.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It doesn't matter what I eat, the sensation is the same.

It really does matter what you eat; even if it won't cure you with good healthy food you will be able to start healing yourself. If you are having junk food your health and body will suffer and your diabetes will get worse; it is a vicious circle. I wish there was something we could do for you to help but please try and eat fresh vegetables and salads and good quality proteins and fat; cut the carbs. Do you have to pay for your medical treatment? It is important that you get some help and are not left so ill and depressed with no one appearing to help you.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was doing some reading and I came across type three diabetes, do you think it might be possible to have it ? I am dizzier by the day the sickness is progressing, is hard to do easy things now. Mu family thinks that I am depressed and I lack the will but I am so low on energy that is hard to stay alive. I am thinking to suicide to escape this hell, I was a strong man and in four months I got a shadow with no energy, very confused and dizzy, and the doctors said that I have nothing seroius, they refuse to believe that I feel so bad.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
No-one here can tell you that but you cannot go on like this. PLEASE seek other help

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please Tibi, don't think about ending it all, you need good professional help. I have no idea what the health care is like in your country (we are very lucky here in England) but there must be someone who will listen to you and give you the help you so desperately need.

Sending big hugs and healing thoughts your way.

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried high protein and my levels are in range but my kidneys hurt. I don't try to push my levels up I was just curious how high it can get. Before this mess I was eating bananas and my blood sugar was in two figures all the time.
Why high protein? There are lots of dietary recomendations on this forum.
I was doing some reading and I came across type three diabetes, do you think it might be possible to have it ? I am dizzier by the day the sickness is progressing, is hard to do easy things now. Mu family thinks that I am depressed and I lack the will but I am so low on energy that is hard to stay alive. I am thinking to suicide to escape this hell, I was a strong man and in four months I got a shadow with no energy, very confused and dizzy, and the doctors said that I have nothing seroius, they refuse to believe that I feel so bad.

Hi tibi,

Hope you start feeling better soon, you are not alone, and yes, people around me couldn't see that I felt sick.

Try to calm down, I understand is hard, try breathing deeply.

Low carb (no sugars or starches) doesn't mean HIGH PROTEIN. It normally means lots of green vegetables and enough protein to keep you satisfied plus some fat.

Maybe it would be a good idea to read the forum discussions about low carb and what exactly does it mean. For some people it works.

No one can tell you here if you have diabetes or not, that's for the doctors to say, but if you do, controlling your sugar and starches intake will help you feel better.

I was also blurry eyed, dizzy, feeling nauseous everyday, urinating a lot and very thirsty my blood sugar levels were high, that was a month ago, and I had no energy, it was really bad.

By cutting out all starches and sugar (that means all fruit, cookies, bread, etc) I started to feel better. You've mentioned the doctors told you about metformin, are you taking it? I take metformin, it helps your body to cope better with insulin and use it properly.

Do you take psychiatric medicines? Some of them interfere with the sugar metabolism, if so, then you definitely need to be careful with what you eat.

Yes, it is unfair that bananas and cookies and bread make our sugar go high, its horrible I know, but living in a hell is even worse.

Big hug, and breath.

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also Tibi:

Look at the forum

We are all diabetics or pre diabetics: WE ARE ALL ALIVE.

And yes, it can be really hard at times, but you can have a life with diabetes or pre diabetes.

Keep talking to us. And seek for help around you, talk to a friend, or a priest or someone who will listen to you. Calming down helps your blood sugar levels to come down as well, if you are stressed your body might find it difficult to cope.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried, I fought for months until there is nothing left. The doctors that I saw they said is just prediabetes, I agree with them but why do I feel so dizzy and confused to a point that my life is like an ilussion. I am like in a illusion, my brain doesn't function anymore and is getting worse every day, my skin is dry with a white yellowish color, my prostate is enlarged and I urinate like crazy no matter my blood sugar. After I eat is even worse no matter what I eat. How can I have hope if there isn't any doctors that believe my symphtoms. They think I am depressed and they send me to a psichiatrist, I did that and after the treatment my blood pressure is low, it only made it worse.

I have money to see other doctors after selling my car but my family is confused and it doesn't know what to do, they are waiting for me to get better, this will not happen, I can barely find energy to write this message.

I will die soon and I have no idea why because prediabetes should not feel like this.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've done more readings and I am convinced that I might have type 3 diabetes because my brain is affected the most and I am so confused that I am not able to do anything anymore, the head pain is getting worse and the tinituse is insuportable.

Can anybody recommend a good doctor in U.K London, I have money to see a doctor but I need someone that can understand my problem. I know I have prediabetes, that is clear but I should not feel like this.