The dreaded lurgy!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Got sent home from work today with what I assume is a virus , flu or even man-flu!

I had my flu jab in November, I have read the posts and threDs about the wrong strain being administered.

My blood sugar levels are bouncing all over the place, I am eating so I don't hypo. I am on fire but my temp is ok.
Have had highs of 10 and lows of 6. Which is still way too high. I am just taking real care with this. I feel dreadful. Hot one minute, cold the next and my nose is running for Britain.
I hate being out of control, gonna have an omelette, and test to see what happens, if still too high, taking the dog out round the block see if that helps.
Scared to take anything cos most meds are sugar based.

Let you know how it goes. God, I hate being ill!

K

Kat100

Hi it is awful ...

Sorry you are not well , if it is this awful virus it is not a nice one I am afraid ...
Mine started in november turned into laryngitis with other symptoms , cough was awful , still getting over it ...

Hope it is not that virus , and that you soon feel better ....take care ..Kat

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

I had my flu jab in November and became very ill straight after it ....strange ...have not heard about the wrong strain ....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Got sent home from work today with what I assume is a virus , flu or even man-flu!

I had my flu jab in November, I have read the posts and threDs about the wrong strain being administered.

My blood sugar levels are bouncing all over the place, I am eating so I don't hypo. I am on fire but my temp is ok.
Have had highs of 10 and lows of 6. Which is still way too high. I am just taking real care with this. I feel dreadful. Hot one minute, cold the next and my nose is running for Britain.
I hate being out of control, gonna have an omelette, and test to see what happens, if still too high, taking the dog out round the block see if that helps.

I know how you feel, I hate being ill as well. I hope you manage to get a decent nights sleep tonight and remember to drink plenty of fluids.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, take care

RRB

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
In bed and going to sleep it off!
Feel awful!

Bloods before 6.8
2hrs after 7.6. retested 7.8!!

I had an omelette, there shouldn't be a rise! Bloody flu!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Snap!! Except I intentionally didn't have the flu jab.Got over my xmas cold fully just 5 days ago. Now have another one. Had flu jab last year and These viruses went on 5 months almost ending up on steroids.

Saying that virus one and now this one definitely haven't been as bad (so far) as last years.

I'm going out gardening this morn though. To either freeze and bury the bugs or to end up worse.. Hoping to freeze the buggers out of my system!

I don't understand though why I've suddenly gone from being virus free for the best part of my 50+ years to now getting every bug going.
My poor neighbour though has also suffered badly this year and he younger and not diabetic so I guess its not just linked to my diabetes.

Still **** horrible to control bloods though..makes it double hard...

Found flu tablets that don't raise bloods.. But therefore to be honest thry don't really make me feel that much better either!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Snap!! Except I intentionally didn't have the flu jab.Got over my xmas cold fully just 5 days ago. Now have another one. Had flu jab last year and These viruses went on 5 months almost ending up on steroids.

Saying that virus one and now this one definitely haven't been as bad (so far) as last years.

I'm going out gardening this morn though. To either freeze and bury the bugs or to end up worse.. Hoping to freeze the buggers out of my system!

I don't understand though why I've suddenly gone from being virus free for the best part of my 50+ years to now getting every bug going.
My poor neighbour though has also suffered badly this year and he younger and not diabetic so I guess its not just linked to my diabetes.

Still **** horrible to control bloods though..makes it double hard...

Found flu tablets that don't raise bloods.. But therefore to be honest thry don't really make me feel that much better either!!

I'm the same, don't do colds and flu!
I work outside in all weathers and it warms up and I'm shaking and my nose is running like a tap! The OH says it has to be good to get me!
5.7 on waking.
5.8 before breakfast
7.3 2 hrs after. Swore and retested, 7.4!
Piece of toast to stop anything from happening 2 hrs later and sweating 6.8??
Just had a fry up for late dinner.
Lots of sweating and going cold and going for a pee, vest wet through, shivered, t-shirt on wet through. Got up, more water. God I hate this virus.
Just stopped to wipe and blow my nose, not coughing much!
Temps ok tho!!!!!!
Going for another walk to get my bloods as down as I can. My dog will be made up!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Feel awful!

Bloods before 6.8

Hope you feel better after a good sleep ( ps,7.8 for me when ill, would of been a godsend,)

Take care and look after yourself :)

RRB

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel awful!

Bloods before 6.8

You haven't got flu if you are eating. You have a cold. Either way, get better soon.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hope you feel better soon Nosher.
My husband is just the same and he is not diabetic.
He has had a good lunch so it must be a cold.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.1 after 2 hours after late lunch!
Walk did me good!

Now to prepare for late tea!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Bloods are staying around 6.3. Still high for me but I'm happy now. Still full of it. Gone thru loads of tissues! Still feel ****!
Gonna get better tomorrow. I hate this cold!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Bloods are staying around 6.3. Still high for me but I'm happy now. Still full of it. Gone thru loads of tissues! Still feel ****!
Gonna get better tomorrow. I hate this cold!

Day 3.. Guessing lurghy hopefully will start to go now.. But as at GP today for meetings And revamping the waiting area I suspect another form of the lurghy may attach to my nostrils!!! Baah!!:(

Ooops.. May also be passing on my germs!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Bloods ok this morning averaging around 6.still hot and cold, fully dressed with heating on! My god that wind is cold!
Nose especially left nostril like a running tap. Temp ok. Glad I've had the dog out as well, he'll be lucky to get out later!!
I am a little better!