medtronic veo remote

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
still doing my homework before getting my pump medtronic veo
i would like to know if anyone uses the remote and if so how dose it work .do you need to program the pump so it no's how much insulin to give you . do you need to give it BG test first. how often can you use it .....

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi caretaker

I haven't ever found the need to use the Veo remote, it is a small key fob shape with with 3 buttons, Suspend, Bolus and Act. You can deliver a bolus using the bolus remote button as long as you have got the Easy Bolus function enabled on your pump, You select an increment for insulin delivery when using the remote from 0.1 up to 2.0 units. If for example you have the Easy Bolus set at 0.5 unit increments and need a 2 unit bolus you would press the remote Bolus button 4 times to deliver 2 units. The pump checks via bleeps and /or vibrations that you want to deliver 4 increments ie 2 units, if correct you press Act on the remote and the pump delivers that amount. The other function is to suspend or restart your pump. I have mine linked to my pump but find it easier just to use the buttons on my pump to deliver boluses as the pump bolus menu allows much smaller increments of 0.025 units.

If you aren't able to easily get to your pump or want to be discrete then the remote provides basic insulin delivery and a means to suspend your pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks flowerpot
i have this habit on Saturday lunch time pot in to a pub with the vicar and sister sara to celebrating our lord Jesus Christ and anyone else we can toast Then the sister starts a fight and we throne out
i was thinking this might be a good time to use this remote discretely just for the one for road .

Before this i had to do insulin jab in a crowded pub.
this never went down to well with the drunk vicar and violent nun

thanks again