I know I'm up for "fun" when this happens...

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Second time in 2hrs...wohooo! I over-bloused for dinner, hopefully my bolus should be wearing out now so I should be able to get to sleep.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422396980.160613.jpg

Just needed to share :)

Reactions: 2 people

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like a fancy bit of kit lol. What is that?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This is what a libre shows when you don't over bolus for dinner....

051a9f1ee0111e4b23c009cb3dec71c5.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much is the libre?

And do you think its worth it?

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just an update, like I thought my bolus was on its way out, so I treated this hypo and had a quiet night :)

Situations like that are why I couldn't choose libre over dexcom - With dexcom I could treat the hypo and go to sleep. If I went low again, dexcom would wake me up. Libre doesn't have alerts :(

But if you don't need the alerting capability libre is perfectly fine as far as I know. I think the amount of info that a continuous graph like that gives you is invaluable.

Reactions: 4 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
By comparison today was a bit of a disaster. Went to oh's nan's funeral. Everything trotting along nicely, but deliberately running slightly higher due to notice of food timing and not wanting any lows on what would be a difficult day.

Finally we get food and there is little low carb to eat. I decided to have quiche and set the pastry aside, however initially forgot about the milk content. Once I remembered I bolussed accordingly and expected my bg levels to be fine but oh no. Commercially made savoury quiche uses something else in the mix and my bg levels just went up. The Novorapid seemed to have no effect. After a 9u bolus I ended up taking 7u of corrections and it lowering my bg by 2mmol/l. God knows what they added to the quiche mix but it totally screwed me! It's taken the best part of ten hours to get back down to a reasonable level and been a royal pain in the backside! Lesson learned? Stay well away from commercially made quiche!