Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Thanks :) got work ahead of me but hey I'm sure I'll get there
Hi Eva,
it's an on going battle of beating the meter, if having a bad day there's always tomorrow. Even after 50 years on insulin I still learn something new most days :)

Reactions: 6 people

Grkify

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insulin :(
It scared me to death when Ieft hospital and couldnt focus on anything. DN said it was the lenses in my eyes adjusting to my new BS level normal eyes now trying to concentrate on a small screen at work was a nightmare. Something about high blood sugar distorting the lenses think fun house mirrors thats how it was explained to me. Btw is that facepaint or a mask in your profile picture? It caught my eye kinda freaky in the best kind of way.

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done that girl for going to the opticians. :):)
I don't know if you know, but, if you need the prescription changing you don't have to buy new frames, they can change the lenses.
When you get the glasses the optician will fit them for you, they may take a little to get used to. But if after a week if they don't feel rite go back, they will adjust them for you.
By the way, I think those frames look great.
:cool:

Eva11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Eva,
it's an on going battle of beating the meter, if having a bad day there's always tomorrow. Even after 50 years on insulin I still learn something new most days :)
Definitely ahah just gotta keep going! it's been a hell of a lot of information in the last few months it's kinda crazy. There's so much to learn

Eva11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It scared me to death when Ieft hospital and couldnt focus on anything. DN said it was the lenses in my eyes adjusting to my new BS level normal eyes now trying to concentrate on a small screen at work was a nightmare. Something about high blood sugar distorting the lenses think fun house mirrors thats how it was explained to me. Btw is that facepaint or a mask in your profile picture? It caught my eye kinda freaky in the best kind of way.
Just before I was diagnosed my eyes were reaally blurry which was scary especially having no clue what was going on ahaha. Yeah it's face paint when I get the time I try do stuff on my face :)

Eva11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done that girl for going to the opticians. :):)
I don't know if you know, but, if you need the prescription changing you don't have to buy new frames, they can change the lenses.
When you get the glasses the optician will fit them for you, they may take a little to get used to. But if after a week if they don't feel rite go back, they will adjust them for you.
By the way, I think those frames look great.
:cool:
Thanks!! Yaay I guess when my eyes settle down when my bloods do my lenses can be changed :) looking forward to seeing properly!!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When it happened to me, Eva, as my eyes went back to normal from the icky place they'd been (and I'd just bought four expensive pairs of glasses), I had to sit further and further away from my computer each single day, until I had to take my glasses off for the first time in my life. For a month I had perfect long-distance vision. When they eventually settled it wasn't quite as good as that, but it was what it had been four years before. That was nice!

You go girl. Love and hugs,

Lucy

Eva11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you!! Can't wait to be able to see a bit better with the glasses and when bloods settle down should be even better :)

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi eva11, dont forget we want to see a selfie of you in your glasses when you get them. ;-)

Eva11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glasses are finally here and oh my god everything is beautiful!!!! this is so exciting thank you all for your help!!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422982599.884999.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Eva - you look GREAT
YES the glasses really do suit you :)
Well chosen and look beautiful on you .

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
COOL !!!!!
Very grown up!
Sophisticated!
And whats more I bet you can see better.
Well done that girl. Remember when you walk into a room, keep that head held high.
:) :)
Advice please for an oldie, are smilly face still cool? Don't care anyway you deserve lots of them.
Cheers Millysue

Eva11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou!! I can see so clearly and it's sooo nice. I'm loving it :) I like the smilies :) ahahah

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Pleased you are seeing again with clarity and yes the classes suit you :)