Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
76 mg/dl or 4.22 mmoles/l this was a VERY big surprise for me since I had pigged out on about 200 grams of Brazil nuts. I felt very guilty and didnt much look forward to hearing the bip-bip of my glucometer early this morning. Maybe the large dosage of Selenium or fats from the nuts was responsible, at least in part ,for this result.?

Nutritional value of Brazil nuts, http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/brazil-nuts.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just saw official blood glucose test results from my health fund from yesterday morning ie FBG, 89 mg/dl or 4.94 mmoles/l.

Reactions: 16 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
5.5 just now.
I'm happy with that.

Reactions: 18 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.4 after an overnight flight with little sleep. Sitting in Paris CDG which has to be the worst airport in the world for eating. Oh for a Giraffe or Garfunkels where I can have a half-decent cooked breakfast :banghead:. Surrounded by croissants and pastries. Will have to wait until I get to Paddington in a few hours.

Reactions: 21 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 exactly. Still not shaken off whatever bug I have, but back to work today, will see how it goes.

Wrap up warm all, winter is on its way back with a vengeance according to the Beeb.

Reactions: 21 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 for me this morning... was my own fault, I was tempted by cashews and gave in.

Reactions: 17 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning- after going to bed on 5.8
Last night I kept my kit under my duvet with me so the strips were not cold overnight so no random 6 like yesterday! Still not so sure on the consistency of this batch 44 though
@bluetit I agree with you on natural levels, mine now seem to be in the 5's, I can in the main stay there all day by being savvy with my carbs, only ever go into 6's after a Sunday meal with a bit of gravy etc but down again within 2 hrs. Seeing as I'm still meds free, these are clearly my naturals with no meds effect so I guess I should be satisfied!

Reactions: 19 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2. Not happy to be still in the 7's. But I have realised I've been using a different brand of Metformin which is Glucient SR. I normally take Glucophage SR.

Not worrying too much as this is a really up and down week with a lot of travelling, plus 2 nights in a London hotel for my son's wedding at the weekend. The pre-wedding stress has already started to show so I shall just roll with the punches and look forward to a new week next week and a new pack of Glucophage :)

Reactions: 17 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2. Not happy to be still in the 7's. But I have realised I've been using a different brand of Metformin which is Glucient SR. I normally take Glucophage SR.

Not worrying too much as this is a really up and down week with a lot of travelling, plus 2 nights in a London hotel for my son's wedding at the weekend. The pre-wedding stress has already started to show so I shall just roll with the punches and look forward to a new week next week and a new pack of Glucophage :)
We really do get pedantic about not liking certain numbers don't we?!! (Well, i certainly do!!) Considering the week you have then I think you are handling it brilliantly. Hope all goes to plan and you have a brilliant weekend with the wedding! I have a day out saturday (date!),and possibly lunch out Sunday so trying to tell myself to just go with it, I know what to chose and avoid so shouldn't go off plan!!

Reactions: 12 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We really do get pedantic about not liking certain numbers don't we?!! (Well, i certainly do!!) Considering the week you have then I think you are handling it brilliantly. Hope all goes to plan and you have a brilliant weekend with the wedding! I have a day out saturday (date!),and possibly lunch out Sunday so trying to tell myself to just go with it, I know what to chose and avoid so shouldn't go off plan!!

Yes indeed! Thank you.

I hope you have a good date and lunch on Sunday. I'm finding I'm now able to reintroduce a few carbs around lunchtime very occasionally without spiking. I hope you can too with your fab results. You'll have dates beating a path to your door with your weightloss!

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.