urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Thanks LucySW - that looks kinda cool doesn't it.

If the FDA have approved it already, then maybe it actually works the way the manufacturers claim it does.

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ohhhhh... I see. I think was the corporate version of that community based 'Night Owl' Project.

I don't think it is a new device, but an app that pairs with the existing Dexomc CGM sensors.. http://www.dexcom.com/share

Its not as great as that article makes it seem.. you need to have the SHARE dock, to dock your receiver into and it needs to be connected to WiFi, and you need to be connected to the same network, so when you leave your house, you have to undock it and re dock it at your next location.

I would think it would be fantastic for kids who spends much time at home while the parents are at work though..

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You don't need the Share dock:

http://www.imedicalapps.com/2015/01/fda-approves-diabetes-app/

Interesting news, thanks Lucy.

So they are "upgrading" the share... interesting :) So instead of having an external dock, the receiver will be transmitting the data to the phone. I was hoping they will get rid of the receiver altogether and the transmitter on the sensor will transmit the data directly to the phone. One device less, half of the initial cost cut down... But still, a step in a good direction! :D

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So they are "upgrading" the share... interesting :) So instead of having an external dock, the receiver will be transmitting the data to the phone. I was hoping they will get rid of the receiver altogether and the transmitter on the sensor will transmit the data directly to the phone. One device less, half of the initial cost cut down... But still, a step in a good direction! :D

No thats the G5 system Paulina, expected the end of the year (ish)

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No thats the G5 system Paulina, expected the end of the year (ish)
So the "upgraded G4" is connecting the receiver to the phone and G5 will be getting rid of the receiver completely? I was thinking of looking into getting that upgraded receiver (hopefully it will be available in the uk with some discount for current users), but if G5 is around the corner it may make more sense of just wait...

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes Lucy it's the same thing. From reading that you need both the receiver + transmitter + sensor + watch. = no thanks

No this is based on the G4, which yes you need a reciver and an apple phone as well.

the G5 should communicate directly with the watch or iphone taking out the receiver need.

Reactions: 7 people