Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
970 57 55 55 746 12

This is what I have got from fitness pal I just put what I had today, but in this I added one wholemeal roti for dinner which was 30g carbs which I might or might not have so in all it was about 27g carbs for the day.
I dont think this is too little or is it?
It is a nice thing to have I guess
I am hoping I have not missed anything in my meal all day.
I would may be add 200 calories and 10 more carbs to it for a + - just in case I eat extra but more or less it is this

970 cals sounds far too low to me! You might need to increase you cals as you body will compensate which could account for not losing weight. Carbs look ok, but you might need more fat or protein

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to go off topic but what's the benefit of this My Fitness Pal app? Is it worth getting?

It's a downloadable app that helps calculate everything diet wise. I think its brill it's helps with working out your cals according to height and weight, and also has a database of food items, so it's easy to work out you intake each meal. It's worth a look, it helps me keep on track :)

Reactions: 6 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Bluetit, Sable and Dibbles. Looks like I am going to have to stop the cream :-(

After I've finished the gallons I have in the fridge, that is!

Reactions: 10 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
magic 4.8 this morning:happy:

Reactions: 19 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never liked butter creams and all and now have to eat it
I think this complete change of diet with met has taken my stomach by storm as i feel bloated and too much gas as i can feel water making noise and buubly feeling.
Is this normal with metformin or is it definitely nor suiting me.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this complete change of diet with met has taken my stomach by storm as i feel bloated and too much gas as i can feel water making noise and buubly feeling.

It is known for its gas inducing properties. Can you ask for the slow release version which is kinder on the stomach?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hard day again, late post
am: 8.1 mmol/l
pm: 7.8 mmol/l

Reactions: 13 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

I had the same problems, stomach cramps, gas, gurgling stomach, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea. So, it could well be the metformin, and it may not be suiting you. Some folks have said these symptoms die down after a bit, but I was on Metformin for five years and it just got worse. Best to have a chat with your GP

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Metformin = bad ass lol :D

S

Sable_Jan

Hi @Bluetit1802 and @Sable_Jan My calorie intake has reduced since losing a bit of weight and was calculated on myfitnesspal, it should be a bit more than 1800 tbh but I try to stick to that. I am on insulin, I was hoping it wouldn't interfere with my weight loss too much, drat! I think I have about two level tbsps flax a day. I wondered if I was eating too much cream actually; I might cut it down and see if that makes any difference, and reduce the flax intake a bit.
The two level tbsps of flax add up to extra 100 calories......

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 after a really bad night. In so much pain that I eventually plucked up courage to ring GP. Spoke to lovely lady GP who said it may be the Metformin so I have to stop it ( I had actually stopped it last Thursday as it was beginning to worry me) and that it may take up to 4 weeks or so to clear from system. Otherwise I'll have to have bloods done to rule out other things ( I suspect it's the Met as it feels like lactic acid build up - like when your limbs burn on a cross country run.) on the up side though my last HbA1c was back and it's 5.8 so she was very pleased and talked about having driven fat out etc. even made a note on my file that I low carb. Hopefully shifting a bit more weight will lower it further but I'm quite pleased with that given I've had a stinking cold the day of the test and my sugar levels were higher that week.

So sorry to hear about your discomfort. Been there, my intense pain was the Metformin.... Took me about a week to feel 'normal'... If it is the Metformin, you'll start feel a little better each and every day. I stopped mine in early September. Good luck!

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not a veggie lover. I only like carrots, peas and a small amount of cauli. I overdose now on mushrooms cooked in butter and I still eat carrots once a week, and peas a few times a week for the other good nutrients they contain. Last night I had a chip shop battered cod and mushy peas with acceptable results at 2 hours and back to normal half an hour after that. The fat from the fish and the fibre in the peas helped. I also am stille ating salads at lunch times - just had one on this freezing cold day. It's only in our minds that we need hot food. We don't. It all turns to the same temperature once in our system!

At times I fancy a homemade slaw from a nice green cabbage and full fat mayo, sour cream and some mustard for 'tang'.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I fell over and hurt my back years ago and it set if off. Stress makes it worse as does excess lactic acid from exercise .. Hence Metformin making things worse as it alters way body metabolises glucose, and can cayuse problems with lactic acid build up. Tens might help the usual pain but this was just a bit more painful than I have had before so I called GP.
So unlucky... :( Constant pain must increase your readings too, no? It's a lot to juggle...

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hi @Bluetit1802 and @Sable_Jan My calorie intake has reduced since losing a bit of weight and was calculated on myfitnesspal, it should be a bit more than 1800 tbh but I try to stick to that. I am on insulin, I was hoping it wouldn't interfere with my weight loss too much, drat! I think I have about two level tbsps flax a day. I wondered if I was eating too much cream actually; I might cut it down and see if that makes any difference, and reduce the flax intake a bit.
It's all about trial and error with us, isn't it? Balancing your health, taste-buds and BG levels... crumbs... at least we don't have time to get bored... :)

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That reminds me, those Aktipatch on tv sound like they work on same principle as TENS. Must go online request my free trial one, esp way my shoulder has been....
I have not heard of that... how interesting... I hope you haven't got a frozen shoulder starting? Or an impingement... hard to tell them apart...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Status
Not open for further replies.