Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

5.3 this morning but showered first, did brekky for house dogs, took delivery of parcel and put contents away, make and drunk a brew THEN tested ;)

Reactions: 14 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very miserable 8.9 due entirely to be sick of pain and half a bag of maltesers and feeling sorry for myself....to make it worse I felt no better for scoffing them. ( shakes self). ( pulls self up by boot straps)
Hi alliebee, pain makes us do silly things. Will keep my fingers crossed you start to feel better soon. We miss you on here

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dissapointed and disgusted with these readings

Is it winter is it me I don't know but I need to get to bottom of this
Couldn't even sleep properly although I saw a dream of high carb meal in front of me and I am saying no to it
Imagine that's in my dreams, I am conscious that I can't eat carbs even while sleeping.

The other night I dreamt about a breakfast of a large bowl of Cornflakes with half a pint of milk and 2 tbsp. of sugar with several slices of thick white bread and loads of thick orange marmalade. Nightmare!

Reactions: 13 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very miserable 8.9 due entirely to be sick of pain and half a bag of maltesers and feeling sorry for myself....to make it worse I felt no better for scoffing them. ( shakes self). ( pulls self up by boot straps)

So sorry Allie. Sending you hugs.

Reactions: 5 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Thanks ... just as about I'm going to bed BT :)

If I wake up with a sweat, guess who I'm coming after? :)

MD

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

I have not heard of that... how interesting... I hope you haven't got a frozen shoulder starting? Or an impingement... hard to tell them apart...
Thanks, Me too tho never heard of the second one. Still really stiff. Think I pulled it driving other day :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those of you worried about Codefree batch 44, I started this batch yesterday lunch time and am finding them erratic and reading higher.

Bedtime 5.5 (first test read 6.5 which is ridiculous for me and was higher than my previous reading after tea)
Fasting 6.1 (average of 4 tests on Codefree. Cross checked with Accu-chek which read 5.5)

I have 10 tubs of these to get through. :arghh:

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Took mine 6.2- strips and meter felt freezing cold so popped them under duvet with me. Took again 5.5 - so will average at 5.9

Be careful with warming them up. Maximum temp for storage is 32c. Our normal body temps are about 37c or less.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those of you worried about Codefree batch 44, I started this batch yesterday lunch time and am finding them erratic and reading higher.

Bedtime 5.5 (first test read 6.5 which is ridiculous for me and was higher than my previous reading after tea)
Fasting 6.1 (average of 4 tests on Codefree. Cross checked with Accu-chek which read 5.5)

I have 5 of these too
Can they not exchange it coz we diabetics would know if there stuff is faulty
Wondering how @AndBreathe is doing with this batch as she got them too

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have 5 of these too
Can they not exchange it coz we diabetics would know if there stuff is faulty
Wondering how @AndBreathe is doing with this batch as she got them too

The problem is, the readings are mostly within the 15% tolerance, so no come back. And I think from memory that only something like 90% of the tests have to be within that tolerance. Some can be even worse. I may be wrong with the 90% but it is something like that.

Reactions: 2 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just done my first fasting blood and it was 6.1 which seems about average from what I have read here. It was 2hrs post getting up and I had just walked to the sorting office to get my new meter and then to the supermarket to get my weetabix for breakfast as hubby had kindly had the last. About quarter of a mile maybe slightly more. would that have an effect on my reading?

Reactions: 9 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Be careful with warming them up. Maximum temp for storage is 32c. Our normal body temps are about 37c or less.

Only had it there for ten mins and not next to me. Though I doubt even in my bed with me anything in my bedroom could reach double figures temp wise!! Why did I listen to the electrician who said not to put a storage heater in it?!

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just done my first fasting blood and it was 6.1 which seems about average from what I have read here. It was 2hrs post getting up and I had just walked to the sorting office to get my new meter and then to the supermarket to get my weetabix for breakfast as hubby had kindly had the last. About quarter of a mile maybe slightly more. would that have an effect on my reading?

Hi,

Yes, it would probably have had an effect on your reading. You need to test as soon as you get up and wash hands, before anything else. The longer you extend your "fast" in the morning, the more likely your liver is to dump its own glucose in your blood stream to give you the energy you need, especially for walking. On the other hand, your walk may have had the opposite effect and lowered your levels. As we are all different in this we really can't tell you. Tomorrow, test as soon as you get up.

Weetabix? :eek: I hope you test this out. It isn't always a wise choice for most of us.

Reactions: 12 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

You need to test as soon as you wake up and certainly before any activities like walking. Also, I'd be checking very carefully what effect weetabix have on you as cereals raise most of our levels on here.

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ouch. I only ever order 5 at a time as that's enough to cope with if they're reading strangely. Got 5 pots yesterday but think they end in either 16 or 61. I'm going to test a few against my current batch ( 26) though it hasn't been the best either.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch. I only ever order 5 at a time as that's enough to cope with if they're reading strangely. Got 5 pots yesterday but think they end in either 16 or 61. I'm going to test a few against my current batch ( 26) though it hasn't been the best either.

I only order 10 because hubby thinks I test too much. If I ordered 5 I would get parcels arriving too frequently and he would moan. :(

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

So sorry to hear this- I know exactly how you feel - some days it all gets too much doesn't it, whether that's pain, anxiety, depression or even just managing diabetes. I think we all have those sod it moments but sometimes even they don't help. I got my HbA1c result yesterday which was in non diabetic range and while the GP was really pleased, she had to say that it's not clear if it's reversed or just well controlled and that brought home to me the enormity of the task in hand- I'm 49 soon and hopefully have years ahead of me, but some days the thought of never having the dietary spontaneity I once had( you know let's have a chinese tonight or an ice cream on holiday) does seem overwhelming. I think any long term condition has that effect have you had any CBT as I know they offer it for intractable pain and it will have less effect on your BS than Maltesers- if you ever need a chat, just PM me. xx

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.