Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

A very miserable 8.9 due entirely to be sick of pain and half a bag of maltesers and feeling sorry for myself....to make it worse I felt no better for scoffing them. ( shakes self). ( pulls self up by boot straps)
Sorry to hear you've been in pain :inpain: and feeling so miserable :bigtears:- hope your pain is less today and you can get someone to cook your most favourite low carb meal for you and here are some roses to go with it.....
IMAG1093.jpg

Take care

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

For those of you worried about Codefree batch 44, I started this batch yesterday lunch time and am finding them erratic and reading higher.

Bedtime 5.5 (first test read 6.5 which is ridiculous for me and was higher than my previous reading after tea)
Fasting 6.1 (average of 4 tests on Codefree. Cross checked with Accu-chek which read 5.5)

I have 10 tubs of these to get through. :arghh:
Don't get too :arghh::depressed: - may be the one and only dodgy pot amongst them

Reactions: 6 people

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Let us know your results although with your great fasting readings they should be great :)
I over slept this morning but when i checked my suagr it was 4.8 after I had a fig newton and an apple it spiked to 8.3 and yesterday my levels were amazing 4.8/5.3, am , 4.6 / 6.4 noon , 5.2/5.8 supper and before bed was 5.4

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

oops didn't realise weetabix would have a detrimental effect on my blood glucose, thought i was being healthy. I have just tested my blood 2hrs later and it is 7.9. is that good or bad. If its bad could it be down to the weetabix? if that's the case what is the best thing to be having for breakfast?
7.9 isn't overly high in itself but it depends what you tested at beforehand - to give you the full impact. its the carbohydrates in the weetabix. You may find that you can manage one without spiking your bs too much. Also what milk do you use? I can have a reasonable portion of porridge as long as I use soya milk - I buy Sainsbury's "fresh" unsweetened as it is < 0.5g carbs per 250mls - the Basics longlife one is 1.8g carbs for the same amount (I did wrongly quote it as 5 a while back :meh:) so you could try your usual amount - presuming you have 2? with soya milk and do the test again. If the results are reasonable test the same breakfast a few days in a row then decide if you can add it to your "ok" list

Hope this helps
Jan

Reactions: 7 people

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i use 2% in coffee and drinking soy milk now as it high in vitamin D and good for the bones i have osteo arthritis , i'm gonna try what you suggested for lunch and see what my readings say then , right now i have to go host my BG tournament on safeharbournet.com , I'm a BG & Cribbage host and host tournies for the players world wide , will check back inbtween if not busy , thanks hun really appreciate your input and suggestions , hugsssssssssss

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I over slept this morning but when i checked my suagr it was 4.8 after I had a fig newton and an apple it spiked to 8.3 and yesterday my levels were amazing 4.8/5.3, am , 4.6 / 6.4 noon , 5.2/5.8 supper and before bed was 5.4
Guess figs and/or apples are out for you then - I can eat a small cox apple but a big one takes me over the 8 :(

S

Sable_Jan

i use 2% in coffee and drinking soy milk now as it high in vitamin D and good for the bones i have osteo arthritis , i'm gonna try what you suggested for lunch and see what my readings say then , right now i have to go host my BG tournament on safeharbournet.com , I'm a BG & Cribbage host and host tournies for the players world wide , will check back inbtween if not busy , thanks hun really appreciate your input and suggestions , hugsssssssssss
Wondered what you hosted for BG (blood glucose) then I realized you meant Back Gammon :wideyed:

S

Sable_Jan

I normally drink tea but if I have coffee I have it latte style so need to use the soya milk - seemed a little strange at first but quite used to it now

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Guess figs and/or apples are out for you then - I can eat a small cox apple but a big one takes me over the 8 :(
yes i believe they are gonna have to be out if they spike my sugars up and i'm starting to feel little tired now gonna recheck it in a hour , thanks for your reply hun, hugs

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I normally drink tea but if I have coffee I have it latte style so need to use the soya milk - seemed a little strange at first but quite used to it now
maybe i will have to switch to 1 % or just use soy milk i bought 4 cartons yesterday :)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

What's a fig newton @DorisM67 ?

Reactions: 5 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
oops didn't realise weetabix would have a detrimental effect on my blood glucose, thought i was being healthy. I have just tested my blood 2hrs later and it is 7.9. is that good or bad. If its bad could it be down to the weetabix? if that's the case what is the best thing to be having for breakfast?

I agree with sanguine, but having said that, 7.9 isn't bad I think it's up to 8.5 2 hours after eating

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I agree with sanguine, but having said that, 7.9 isn't bad I think it's up to 8.5 2 hours after eating

That's the NICE guideline for diabetics, but it's far too high for my liking and I aim for 6.5 or less.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I mainly have strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and grapefruit as i have heard that bananas, grapes, oranges aren't good for diabetics. I do eat a good bowl full of the berries and kiwi fruit every day plus a whole grapefuit (pink). is that to much/

It's an easy mistake to make. Before starting lchf I was following 'healthy plate' as recommended :rolleyes: and increased my fruit intake, but I got told off for having too much fruit! When I worked it out, I was having 7 portions of fruit a day :-o :-o

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Much too much I'm sorry to say. A small handful, maybe 4 small strawberries or a couple of tbsp. of blueberries, small handful of raspberries. You will have to test out the kiwi and grapefruit, but I know I couldn't manage them. I usually stick to about 40g of berries with a full fat greek yogurt. Blueberries have the most carbs. Raspberries have the least. You should find that about 100g yogurt with a few berries and a cup of tea or coffee will last you all morning because the fat is very satiating. It isn't wise to eat fruit as a snack, just with a meal. Try a few nuts or cheese for a snack if you are hungry. You could also have a few berries with double cream instead of yogurt. It's all a big learning curve!
Your not wrong its a big learning curve! I really thought I was doing what was best. Oh well back to the drawing board, Its all just trial and error and will take time until I have tested most food out. Thanks everyone for the advise, much appreciated

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.