New forum improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really miss the "New posts" option :mad:

It made life much easier at busy times to be able to "Mark all as read" and only see new posts each visit.

That is my feeling as well. I find I can't be bothered wading through a bunch of posts I have no interest in, over and over. I spent a lot less time on here yesterday and today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Ooooo er somethings going on the little green dot has stopped pulsing and now I have green dots with a green halo. Looks like a dart board.
Ok, I've disabled the pulsing and got rid of the ring (sorry, I didn't notice that in chrome) - how is the performance looking now?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@Giverny. MUCH better, thank you.
PHEW. Took a shot in the dark with that one, glad it's resolved your issue. Can others please confirm whether this has resolved the scrolling & performance problems for them too?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
PHEW. Took a shot in the dark with that one, glad it's resolved your issue. Can others please confirm whether this has resolved the scrolling & performance problems for them too?

Thank you scrolling now perfecto again and the lag seems to have disappeared too, yay now my fingers can keep up with my brain cell, just one minor fault left, there is a delay on the autocorrect/dictionary thingy, don't know if its related though.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thank you scrolling now perfecto again and the lag seems to have disappeared too, yay now my fingers can keep up with my brain cell, just one minor fault left, there is a delay on the autocorrect/dictionary thingy, don't know if its related though.
Since that isn't a feature on the forum, that sounds more like it could be an issue with your PC.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok, I've disabled the pulsing and got rid of the ring (sorry, I didn't notice that in chrome) - how is the performance looking now?

I must admit the pulsing was giving me a headache and sending my eyes loopy so thanks for disabling it.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thanks I thought it might be any ideas for a fix gratefully received.
Other than closing background tasks, there's not really much I can suggest.

I must admit the pulsing was giving me a headache and sending my eyes loopy so thanks for disabling it.
Yeah it wasn't 100% crucial to the online indicator, so doesn't hurt too much to remove it.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
'fraid I have no idea then. Sorry :(

That's ok just have to live with it till the son comes down, he's a techy type of person like yourself, thanks for all your help gratefully recieved

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy to see new posts back. Thanks!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
"Recent posts" now seems to have disappeared off the main bar but appears lower down as an option if you select "New posts". But it only has 10 pages, what if you want to look further back? (remember that threads are sometimes not in the forum section you expect).

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
New posts doesn't show the post I just made above, but Recent posts does. Surely NP is just a subset of RP but now they are inconsistent.

And I'm still getting dumped on random occasions at the OP instead of the first unread post.

C

catherinecherub

New posts doesn't always show a post that has been made?? You have to go to the appropriate board, i.e.,.Type 1 to see it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New posts doesn't always show a post that has been made?? You have to go to the appropriate board, i.e.,.Type 1 to see it.

But people post in the wrong boards all the time. I never look in the individual boards unless I start a thread. I just use Recent Posts.

Reactions: 4 people
C

catherinecherub

When I look at the headings now there is no Recent Posts only New Posts and Unanswered ones. I recently made a post so it must be recent;);)
but it does not show as a new post.
confused.com

A

AnnieC

@Giverny

Scrolling is better today but I am getting the delay in typing to seeing on screen problem, in that I'll be bashing the keys and it takes a few seconds before the text appears, and I'm not the fastest typist. any Ideas for a fix welcome.
Yes I was having the delayed typing to seems to have righted itself now though. Not the first time I have had this even before the upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.