If you forget to take your meds....

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was taking my 2 metformin and 2 gliclazide with my dinner tonight when I realised I'd forgotten to take the same 4 tablets this morning. Should I leave it now till the morning, or take them with a snack before I go to bed?

C

catherinecherub

Leave it until the morning as there is too short a gap between an extra dose now and your morning ones would be my advice.
You need to try an alarm on your phone or a pill box, anything to make it easier for you.

Reactions: 5 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd take them tonight and delay tomorrow morning for a few hours and back on schedule tomorrow night.
I only skip a dose if I'm more than 1/2 way between doses

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have to take a load of other pills with my first meal of the day. That could be at any time between 11am and 2pm, you'd think it would be easy to remember but I'm too easily distracted! I don't suppose missing one dose will make that much difference, but what a nuisance just when I'm starting to make big improvements in my levels!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you read the information leaflet that comes with your medication? These usually gives advice on what to do if you miss your dose.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, I haven't got any :( Will read them when I get my next prescription though, ready for next time ;)