Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
:happy::happy::happy:
Coyo
They are ridiculously expensive yogurts made with coconut milk, not cow's milk.
Delicious!
Only 0.5g carbs per pot, and a good chug of fat :happy:
But the price is prohibitive.
I don't buy them, but Mr B gets them for me every time he goes shopping unsupervised.
Because he loves me. :couchpotato:
And because he wants me to cook another breakfast slab ;)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Coyo
They are ridiculously expensive yogurts made with coconut milk, not cow's milk.
Delicious!
Only 0.5g carbs per pot, and a good chug of fat :happy:
But the price is prohibitive.
I don't buy them, but Mr B gets them for me every time he goes shopping unsupervised.
Because he loves me. :couchpotato:
And because he wants me to cook another breakfast slab ;)
....and, I asked you that before but the answer wasn't half so entertaining... your Mr B sounds exactly like my Mr K...

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I often freeze cooked meat of all kinds and use later in soup or stir fry, although I confess to using defrosted ham cold. Meat for freezing should be off the bone or carcass I think. The carcass or bones can be boiled for stock (pressure cooker preferably) same day. We used to keep a stock pot going permanently in the winter, revitalised & boiled up every day.
This is just my opinion and I have only my survival so far as corroboration.
:)
Hi @Susikav, hope the eye fireworks have cleared now?
They have! Thank you... Only a little blurring left now.. If I stopped peering at my iphone and laptop to see what you're all up to I'd probably have clear vision... :)

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Set off from Riyadh at 4:30 this morning, home by nine, abandoned suitcases and bags and cooked bacon and eggs :) followed by almond bread spread with peanut butter and half a teaspoon of Turkish black cherry jam. I don't know why, or if, Turkish cherries are any different to any other cherries but the jam went down very well. Naughty.

Reactions: 9 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've eaten raisin bread, porridge with sugar and a piece of donut because I was having low carb fatigue :) not to be recommended to others though! I'll be back to regular programming Tom :)

Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I found the recipe for the Taramasalata! :) Here it is, just the way the Greek chef In Restaurant 21 in Athens wrote it for me...

5 slices of toast bread (only the pith) :)
200ml soda (I assume Bicarb)
sunflower oil as much as it needs (approximately 600ml) we pour it step by step
1 soup spoon 'taramas' (preserved fish roe) * I don't know why he put the star, he may have mentioned smoked cod roe at the time?
1 lemon (the juice only)

We put in the mixer/blender:
bread
soda
lemon
taramas
We mix it until they homogenize (not too tough) - (and if you can spell that in Greek you're doing better than me!)
then we start pouring the oil slowly slowly as the mixer keeps on working
(as we make the mayo)

That's it! It is the best taramasalata you will ever taste - I promise... It's not pink, either.. .:)

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found the recipe for the Taramasalata! :) Here it is, just the way the Greek chef In Restaurant 21 in Athens wrote it for me...

1 soup spoon 'taramas' (preserved fish roe) * I don't know why he put the star, he may have mentioned smoked cod roe at the time?
1 lemon (the juice only)

bread
soda
lemon
taramas
We mix it until they homogenize (not too tough) - (and if you can spell that in Greek you're doing better than me!)
(as we make the mayo)

That's it! It is the best taramasalata you will ever taste - I promise... It's not pink, either.. .:)
Thank you!

Now I just have to use trial and error to sub chia seeds for bread pith, and I am home and dry
:D
Will keep you informed of progress!

S

Sable_Jan

:)

They have! Thank you... Only a little blurring left now.. If I stopped peering at my iphone and laptop to see what you're all up to I'd probably have clear vision... :)
bought myself a hudl2 (Tesco tablet) so when I go to bed I've got something bigger to see the forum/thread on than my tiny phone screen - plus I think my shoulder and right thumb will benefit greatly too. Its fast too as it has picked up my hub's 5G broadband which my lappy and phone can't see - they use the 2G. Soooo, ordered myself a 5G wireless dongle for my lappy - the internal wireless failed just post guarantee period and I've been using an old dongle (wouldn't have wanted to send it away with all the info I've got on it anyway)
PS - apologies for totally Off-thread post

S

Sable_Jan

Set off from Riyadh at 4:30 this morning, home by nine, abandoned suitcases and bags and cooked bacon and eggs :) followed by almond bread spread with peanut butter and half a teaspoon of Turkish black cherry jam. I don't know why, or if, Turkish cherries are any different to any other cherries but the jam went down very well. Naughty.
naughty but nice and according to my GI/GL counter a tsp of "jam" is low for both....interesting but I do get away with it on my breakfast toast. I guess the the portion size is soooo tiny....

S

Sable_Jan

1 lemon (the juice only)

bread
soda
lemon
taramas
(as we make the mayo)

Oooops :facepalm: always thought taramasalata was a desert :hilarious:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you!

Now I just have to use trial and error to sub chia seeds for bread pith, and I am home and dry
:D
Will keep you informed of progress!
Cool... don't think I can get roe here but will try it as soon as I get home... I wish my Greek was as good as the chef's English... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
naughty but nice and according to my GI/GL counter a tsp of "jam" is low for both....interesting but I do get away with it on my breakfast toast. I guess the the portion size is soooo tiny....
What? :eek: I thought I shouldn't be eating it at all... :facepalm: You mean I've been going without it on my peanut butter all this time? :arghh: I won't in future... good job you lot are keeping an eye is all I can say, or I'd be going without everybloomingthing...... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bought myself a hudl2 (Tesco tablet) so when I go to bed I've got something bigger to see the forum/thread on than my tiny phone screen - plus I think my shoulder and right thumb will benefit greatly too. Its fast too as it has picked up my hub's 5G broadband which my lappy and phone can't see - they use the 2G. Soooo, ordered myself a 5G wireless dongle for my lappy - the internal wireless failed just post guarantee period and I've been using an old dongle (wouldn't have wanted to send it away with all the info I've got on it anyway)
PS - apologies for totally Off-thread post
I like the techie stuff.... a day is wasted when you don't learn something.. :) I reckon the phone is the one that does all the damage... you're right... trying to sit up straight and not hunch over the **** things is my biggest problem... I'll have a dowager's hump before I know it... :oops:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauli cheese mash on top of shepherds' pie is the best thing ever. Even Mr e likes it.
How do you cook your cauli? Do you steam it? I tried it in the microwave and didn't really like it.... there are so many tips and things I get a bit bogged down I think.... :(

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do tend to steam cauli as it can get bit watery, but I have used frozen and just boiled it. I do make sure I leave it to drain well and then return to pan and pop on ring just to ensure it's dry before mashing.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

What? :eek: I thought I shouldn't be eating it at all... :facepalm: You mean I've been going without it on my peanut butter all this time? :arghh: I won't in future... good job you lot are keeping an eye is all I can say, or I'd be going without everybloomingthing...... :)
It surprised me rather too. Best way is to test it, see what happens....I'm surprised how little jam and marmalade can still be tasty - used to dollop it on...

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmmm mixeď today

Lots of eggs!

B. 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers of bacon -working from home.
L. Left it late, then starving, succumbed to a sausage sarnie on white bread ( no bergen in freezer!). Tasted fab though but bs 10.7 after 2 hours :eek: but down to 5.2 at 3h:).
D. will be sausages and egg omelette ( with added butter and cream :happy:)

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.