BS readings

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 pre dinner
6.9 average post. Bit high but I'd just peddled and also had my coffee and chocolate before taking it.

Reactions: 3 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a nightmare episode this afternoon...........went for a run that was quite intensive and did my cool down. When I got home did some more exercises which was probably overdoing it. Jumped in the shower after that. After the shower started feeling light headed so laid down on the bed. Kept on feeling worse so thought it was my BS dropping. Went downstairs and grabbed the first thing I could find which was a pepperami. Didn't make me feel any better and my head was spinning and I started feeling sick. Stumbled into the toilet and I was sick and fell onto the floor. Managed to get up and check my BS and it was 5.8. Checked my BP and it was down to 80/50. Turns out the shower was hotter than normal on this cold day and that caused my BP to fall dramatically. Getting up after lying down probably made it worse. Have been checking regularly after that and thankfully it's increasing slowly. What a nightmare and all because of a hot shower!

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a nightmare episode this afternoon...........went for a run that was quite intensive and did my cool down. When I got home did some more exercises which was probably overdoing it. Jumped in the shower after that. After the shower started feeling light headed so laid down on the bed. Kept on feeling worse so thought it was my BS dropping. Went downstairs and grabbed the first thing I could find which was a pepperami. Didn't make me feel any better and my head was spinning and I started feeling sick. Stumbled into the toilet and I was sick and fell onto the floor. Managed to get up and check my BS and it was 5.8. Checked my BP and it was down to 80/50. Turns out the shower was hotter than normal on this cold day and that caused my BP to fall dramatically. Getting up after lying down probably made it worse. Have been checking regularly after that and thankfully it's increasing slowly. What a nightmare and all because of a hot shower!

Take it easy. Maybe too much exercise combined with the hot shower. Hope you feel better.

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Need to acknowledge in myself that I am 43 and not 33

Yup, old age is hard to come to terms with :grin: I have to keep reminding myself that I can't do life at the same pace I used to. Everything seems to go downhill once you hit 40!

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 post dinner and BP back to being stable. Pulse is still high at 99 but hopefully a good night sleep will help.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 fasting
5.1 post breakfast / pre first lunch ( so cold I've bought a small chicken soup to have and I've a salad from home to nibble on later)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast was a tried and tested one. Usually only gives me a rise of about 1.0 - 1.5 2 hours after eating. I believe it was a liver dump as I could feel the BS rising... I was 10.8 at 1 hr.. and down to 8.6 at 2 hrs..