Food supplements

Spiral

By this I mean vitamins, minerals and other herbal things. What do you take and why? Do you know of any good dietary sources?

I have occasionally taken vitamin E (in liquid form from Holland and Barrett as I don't want the gelatine capsules)

Rice bran oil for vit E and a plant sterol

Hemp oil - but I'm thinking of stopping this as it may be putting too many of the wrong omega acids in to my system - what I want is a good vegetarian source of omega 3 to even things up.

I started to take Chromium picolinate (again from H&B) after diagnosis, but I'm not sure that this is helping.

I was taking vitamin C and zinc (Boots effervescent) which I often do over the winter months, but have now stopped this.

I eat walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and Brazil nuts regularly, but I'm not really clear about what quantity is a good quantity to eat as a vegetarian.

Reactions: 2 people

Val45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
By this I mean vitamins, minerals and other herbal things. What do you take and why? Do you know of any good dietary sources?

I have occasionally taken vitamin E (in liquid form from Holland and Barrett as I don't want the gelatine capsules)

Rice bran oil for vit E and a plant sterol

Hemp oil - but I'm thinking of stopping this as it may be putting too many of the wrong omega acids in to my system - what I want is a good vegetarian source of omega 3 to even things up.

I started to take Chromium picolinate (again from H&B) after diagnosis, but I'm not sure that this is helping.

I was taking vitamin C and zinc (Boots effervescent) which I often do over the winter months, but have now stopped this.

I eat walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and Brazil nuts regularly, but I'm not really clear about what quantity is a good quantity to eat as a vegetarian.

Val45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Spiral - was browsing messages about supplements. I would like to take Vit D3, Chromium and Resveratrol.
Val45