Do you think about diabetes much during the day?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
After 25 years I still just carry on as normal and do not fixate on diabetes, I mean you can't not forget it with 4 + injections per day and many finger pricking moments. Always striving to do my very best with all it's endless trials and tribulations.

RRB:)

Reactions: 10 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I was thinking about it, and I imagine that in general, Insulin dependent diabetics probably think more about it than non-Insulin dependent diabetics do, simply because they have to.

Reactions: 9 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking about it, and I imagine that in general, Insulin dependent diabetics probably think more about it than non-Insulin dependent diabetics do, simply because they have to.
Agreed, because it impacts on so many aspects in the here and now of our lives, as well as the possibilities of the future .

Signy

Reactions: 3 people

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It occupies way too many of my thoughts due to losing so much of my sight from retinopathy. I literally can't see past it, as soon as I open my eyes in the morning the first thing I think is b****y diabetes and that's before I fill my day trying to avoid hypos and keeping my blood sugar stable. The only time I get peace from it is when I'm asleep - as long as I don't go hypo in the night!

Apart from that I'm perfectly rational :confused:

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It occupies way too many of my thoughts due to losing so much of my sight from retinopathy. I literally can't see past it, as soon as I open my eyes in the morning the first thing I think is b****y diabetes and that's before I fill my day trying to avoid hypos and keeping my blood sugar stable. The only time I get peace from it is when I'm asleep - as long as I don't go hypo in the night!

Apart from that I'm perfectly rational :confused:

Course you are :) x

Reactions: 2 people