Choc cake and 60 units

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Guys im really really sorry. I was in a dark place yesterday. Im ok been to hospital nothing happened. Back at home now. Thanxs for the concern. As i said im really sorry.:oops:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 29 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
im glad youre fine Martin. We all know here diabetes sucks sometimes and we all go through tough time from time to time

Reactions: 3 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Guys im really really sorry. I was in a dark place yesterday. Im ok been to hospital nothing happened. Back at home now. Thanxs for the concern. As i said im really sorry.:oops:

How are you feeling now ?
Did going to the hospital help any ?

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

No need to apologise - I think everyone will just be relieved to hear you're doing OK!

Reactions: 5 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

We were so worried about you. Some of us has been dark places too and know what it's like.

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So relieved to hear you are back in touch Martin. Stay strong we understand (hugs)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Martin, really pleased your back home and you have come to no harm, but do seek help some professional help so that you can deal with the issues you are facing, your first step should be your gp. Good luck and do stay in touch with us all.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So pleased to hear from you, as you said when someone is in a dark place:( that's all that the person see's at the time. Try and see your GP asap, for help and support, please. Take good care now,

With my very best wishes RRB

Last edited by a moderator:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello Martin, very pleased to see you back safe and sound. Please remember you are not alone, there will always be someone to talk to and help you. Even though it's hard please, please just ask, you are a very valued member of the forum and we all care for you.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I held my breath a bit there. Thanks for coming back.
Must have been a helluva cake.

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got an appointment at an insane asylum tomorrow. For a chat, might get sectioned. The cake wasnt that nice to dry.

Sent from my ALCATEL one touch 990 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 9 people

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Martin,

I am glad you are still talking with us. The term you used is long outdated. The place that has the staff to help you is now called a Centre for Mental Health. But you know that really.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

With best wishes,

Amber

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Got an appointment at an insane asylum tomorrow. For a chat, might get sectioned. The cake wasnt that nice to dry.

Hello Martin, please do remember there is nothing to be ashamed of because you have depression or mental health problems. If you are offered a bed please do accept it, then hopefully you can have all the help you need. Most Importantly we need you safe and well.

Reactions: 2 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi Martin80, Nothing to do with diabetes, but I had a crisis 25 years ago, I thought I was normal, although I knew I was depressed.

Sometimes when your depressed even the very dark places make sense to ones self, but people looking on can see irrational behavior.

That's what happened to me my Doc suggested I went just to have a chat with a Psychologist.

When I had the chat, I volunteered for treatment and went into hospital without being sectioned, just got depression drugs & a weekly discussion, spent about 4/6 weeks there, cannot remember now, I discharged myself.

It was the best thing I ever did and have never been in the dark places since, or had any further medication for depression since then.

I would take the opportunity if it's offered.
Neil

Reactions: 4 people

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sounds more like bad depression, you don't sound psychotic
I think we need to be a bit careful about using terms like psychotic.
Only the doctors can really diagnose from what Martin says and does. And of course, serious depression can bring out psychotic symptoms.

Good on you Martin. I'm sure you'll find the services (whatever they're called wherever you are) that will be offered to you will be helpful.

Best wishes,

Jane.

Reactions: 6 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we need to be a bit careful about using terms like psychotic.
Only the doctors can really diagnose from what Martin says and does. And of course, serious depression can bring out psychotic symptoms.

Good on you Martin. I'm sure you'll find the services (whatever they're called wherever you are) that will be offered to you will be helpful.

Best wishes,

Jane.
yes, he has been to hospital and is going a health facility today, that he referred to as an insane asylum. I can't see a problem in reassuring him that he does't sound off with the fairies psychotic by the sound of it to me.

If this was the case, he wouldn't have been released from the hospital he attended.

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where i am forever grateful for all the kind words and helpful advise.

Is it wrong for me to not want to feel better? I dont want to be cheerful and laughing and joking.

I just dont know wot to do anymore im in a dark pit and the floor is going down deeper as time goes on. Not down just dont know where to turn.

Reactions: 6 people