Annual check w

S

Sharon Anne

Well guys some of you may remember me from when I was first diagnosed in may ish last year. Well on diagnosis my hbca1 was 74 went down to 35 after three months then 34 this week I had another and it came back 32 .
Okay now I am not on any treatment so it's diet alone and the fact I have no teste buds has made losing waight easy because I have no real appetite the drs don't seem to know why I have lost my taste.
Anyway to cut a long story short I have been noticing that my hands mainly at night keep getting very numb I fall asleep then wake up and can't feel them , now I know we all get this and it's normal but mine seems worse and it's stating to worry me a little.
When I saw the nurse she said that she didn't think it was anything to do with the diabets because my levels have been low on the last three tests ???

Can anyone advice I mean do you have any experience of it or do you think the nurse is right my levels have been low on the last three tests , she thinks it's niramal and I am probably just noticing it more .
Please you lovely people your thoughts I am due to start CBT therapy tomorrow for my Anxiety and hope to go without all this on my head xx
I really do apprecate everything you guys do xx

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello sharon anne, exactly what are your bs readings on waking and post meal? It sounds like neuropathy to me, has this just come on?

S

Sharon Anne

Hi thank you I was diagnosed type 2 last year on diagnosis my hbac1 was 74 but it dropped to 35 it's now 32 so my diabetic nurse is saying given how low my level is she doeasnt think it's connected to the diabetes .
I have not been able to afford keep taking but when I do check I have seen no big numbers at all .
On waking they are normally about 5 .6 ish.
My husband says we all get dead arm I just feel sick with worry because I thought I was winning this battle

S

Sharon Anne

Sorry no its not just come on been like it a few months but my levels seem so good so confused

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Obviously we can't diagnose, but can suggest you see your Dr as could just be a simple case of carpal tunnel syndrome.

S

Sharon Anne

Thank you I just wish I could be happy about these low numbers I guess 74 to 32 in less than a year and five stone is something to smile about .i guess I was hoping someone would say '" hefty we all get dead rm with we are laying on it "
Not to worry I am just out of sorts nd a tad stressed x