Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
BT :)

No big deal ... and deep down, you know that do you not? Heed you own VERY good advice ...... you are on top of this :)

My best

Mike

Mike, I'm not concerned to have 6's in the slightest. What I am concerned about is that my Codefree batch 44 is erratic and reading a lot higher than my normal averages, so ....... either my BS are increasing with no known reason, or they are not. I would just like to know which it is. The Accu Chek is not showing an increase. We look for trends, and if the Codefree is to be believed these increasing trends of mine are unacceptable. An odd blip is fine, but not an increasing trend.

Reactions: 4 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I am in a mess this morning and don't know what the devil to record on my personal data sheet :banghead:

Before 7pm last night I had a salmon salad with 12g carbs, which is my normal Friday tea. Nothing different.
Before tea 5.3
After an hour I was 6.3, then 6.6 for the next 3 hours on my Codefree.
Every other Friday for a long time I haven't been out of the 5's
Shrugged shoulders and recorded the 6.6's
Bedtime I was 6.2. Tested on Accuchek and was 5.5
Normal average is 5.4 for many months
This morning I was 6.3/6.2/5.7/6.0 on batch 44. On accuchek I was 5.3.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::***::eek:
I would bank 5.3. I am certain its more accurate. If you did record 6.3 thats a 1.0 difference.(margin of error?)..even if it was correct the important thing is what will you do differently to gain improvement in future...I have noticed activity or lack of activity can affect numbers for a few days after amongst other things...

Reactions: 9 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would bank 5.3. I am certain its more accurate. If you did record 6.3 thats a 1.0 difference.(margin of error?)..even if it was correct the important thing is what will you do differently to gain improvement in future...I have noticed activity or lack of activity can affect numbers for a few days after amongst other things...

Nothing different at all except the weather. Still having the same amount of exercise. The dog has to be walked whatever the weather :(
Either my batch 44 on Codefree is way out, or my levels are increasing with no known reason.
I will average my Codefree readings today, and from tomorrow I may try the whole of February with my Accu Chek and see what happens. No point in mixing and matching meters. It is best to stick to one I believe.

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Mike, I'm not concerned to have 6's in the slightest. What I am concerned about is that my Codefree batch 44 is erratic and reading a lot higher than my normal averages, so ....... either my BS are increasing with no known reason, or they are not. I would just like to know which it is. The Accu Chek is not showing an increase. We look for trends, and if the Codefree is to be believed these increasing trends of mine are unacceptable. An odd blip is fine, but not an increasing trend.

Got that BT :)

Don't have those downunder ... sorry if my message was misinterpreted :(

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got that BT :)

Don't have those downunder ... sorry if my message was misinterpreted :(

Not at all! If my message sounded grumpy it's because I was grumpy, very grumpy, but not with you, with my strips.:( I am not feeling grumpy now. My grumps never last long ;)

Reactions: 16 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin at Midnight, Testing Fasting Blood
Day 1..Day 2..Day 3..Day 4..Day 5..Day 6..Day 7..Day 8....Day 9
.4.9........4.8.......5.9......5.0.......5.6.......5.4.....5.7......5.8......5.9:mad:

Today ......Average 5.44 fast on test. Looking at these averages does not seem to be making any difference, is very disappointing, the original Averages was based on 77 readings.

Normal Average Fasting 5.353 mmol/L since 28 Oct 2014 (not including above readings)

I'm begging to wish I had not started this (seems to be getting worse), saw those early readings 4.9 & 4.8 when I first changed the time I took the Metformin & thought this looks interesting, just shows how wrong you can be. :oops:

l will continue now for a while longer. Need some low one's soon

Metformin at midnight, with Sm FF yogurt and a few berries, 1 x 'Baby Bel' and coffee & Cream, as it says take with food, went to bed 1.30am. Up at 9.30am.

Neil

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew! can't have a grumpy Bluetit :happy:

:hilarious::hilarious: Is this grumpy enough?

bluetit 070.jpg

Reactions: 20 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning troops ! I've been AWOL for days just catching up on posts
Fasting: 7.2 mmol/l :)

Reactions: 17 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 for me this morning. Quite pleased with that after a quite carby dinner whilst out last night. I was 7.1 before beds and hadn't taking any meds yesterday as I forgot them.... So all I. All happy with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A "more like it" 4.0 for me this morning. My jet lag is pretty much gone, I'm relaxed, but I do still have this viral thing lurking in the background. I can't recall the last time I had Ibuprofen, but I've been taking them to try to keep this at bay. It seems to be working.

I think I'll start a thread for the 44 strips, to try to guage a concensus. My 7 and 14 averages have gone up by a whopping 0.4 and 0.2 respectively, which is, in my view, a material shift for someone as flat-line as me.

Hey ho. There's always a challenge afoot.

Play nicely boys and girls.

Reactions: 15 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Is there any method stipulated by the manufacturer to calibrate these machines?

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Before lunch 5.9 just been across the road to chemist for normal prescription. Its freezing out there. The cold has set me off wheezing like a steam train choo choo;-)

Reactions: 15 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@daddys1

Although your experiment has no relevance to me as I'm not on meds, I have been following it with interest. I'm sorry it hasn't produced the results you hoped for. Have your other readings been much the same, too?

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.