Am I Crossing the Line?

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Diagnosed with Insulin Resistance April 2014. Blood sugars been ranging on average 5.3-6.3, HbAlc in July 5.8.

Over Christmas my eating was out of control and I put on 3 kg. Been getting back to normal since then but suddenly by blood sugars have gone up .... last two weeks lowest I've had is a 6.3 (fasting) with a high of 8.8 2 hours pp. The day I noticed they first increased was the day after I'd had a bad headache so I put it down to that but 12 days later and they're still running high. This morning 7.1 fasting. I had HbAlc test yesterday, also C-Peptide. Am I crossing over into pre-diabetes/diabetes? And why would they suddenly go up like that?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Lesley

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Impossible to know. Lose that weight gain for starters and keep up the exercise. If you feel like you're borderline, time to take some action

Your figures aren't all that bad, but I understand your concerns

Best of luck :) Mike

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Only your latest tests can answer that question for you, but whatever the result the solution is in your hands. Diet is the key to this. Cut those carbs, lose the weight, and you will be fine. If you don't, you will cross the line anyway at some point, so you may as well start now.

Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think sometimes our bodies just lack the resilience we used to have.

Who was it said 'youth is wasted on the young'?

Sorry to hear this.

When do you get the results?

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Lesleywo , I was in your position in 2013 as Pre, Diabetic, don't no what my HbA1c was when that diagnosis was made.

But I took to losing weight, and lost a stone in 9 months, I cut out most potato had less of everything & introduced fruit.

The I was diagnosed Diabetic with a HbA1c of 46 and a fasting of 9.2. What I had done was follow, unknowingly the recommended NHS diet for Diabetics and look where it got me.

Then came on here embraced the Low Carb High Fat Diet & Tested Tested Tested, lost more weight and in 3 months lost 1st 8lbs and now have an HbA1c of 41.

Don't leave it too late it creeps up on you.

Neil

Reactions: 3 people