MAN FLU is now clinically recognised.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry ladies but the imaginary MAN FLU is actually real. I spotted this on the shelves in Home bargain. If MAN FLU isn't real, why would they make capsules for it?
20150130_142637.jpg
carlton dance.gif
I rest my case.:D

Reactions: 8 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does it give you the flu or take it away? And what happens if I take it
CAROL

Reactions: 4 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Duh! It is a dodgy sales ploy to get men to buy a useless product.

:)

The women buy it, the man flu sufferer cant get out of his home to buy it, he is in bed trying to get his temperature down from 37.2 degrees to a normal value so that he can feel fit again.

Reactions: 5 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does it give you the flu or take it away? And what happens if I take it
CAROL
You'll lie on the settee all blocked up with no energy to do anything. You will listen to your partner moaning in the background on their phone to a friend saying "OMG we've got MAN FLU again in this household". You will need assistance with the remote to change channels on the tv, drinks brought to you every hour on the hour. You will need to be spoon fed as the muscles in your arms just wouldn't be able to cope with the weight of the spoon. That is just in the first 2 days, normally other things come to mind as you rest.:D

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The women buy it, the man flu sufferer cant get out of his home to buy it, he is in bed trying to get his temperature down from 37.2 degrees to a normal value so that he can feel fit again.
WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO.....................go Pasha:D:D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Nah, women wouldn't be daft enough to waste money on a product for blokes to legitimise man flu. This on says 625% RDA of vitamin C.

No, forget I said that. We could buy it to show the blokes that we really care, and hey, look lad, you are bound to get better really quickly with all this 625% RDA vitamin C. There you go, I don't need to wait on you hand and foot now. All better quickly. Job done. It is really a product for girls.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@ Pipp,

I was about to post a withering reply [ ie I didnt have one] t o you post above and the noticed, this,

T2 since 2005. Non-diabetic BG levels since September 2011. No diabetes meds since May 2014. Newcastle diet brought BG control through rapid weight loss. Daily exercise in water helped. 30 kg lost. Still have weight to lose. A work in progress, using Newcastle diet method and low carbs and exercise.
and realised just what a grand achievement that is. I am very impressed.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol. Now in our house I guess I must wear the trousers! I'm the one whinging and making him run around after me. :D

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Oh the carlton dance! That made me smile, thanks.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ Pipp,

I was about to post a withering reply [ ie I didnt have one] t o you post above and the noticed, this,

T2 since 2005. Non-diabetic BG levels since September 2011. No diabetes meds since May 2014. Newcastle diet brought BG control through rapid weight loss. Daily exercise in water helped. 30 kg lost. Still have weight to lose. A work in progress, using Newcastle diet method and low carbs and exercise.
and realised just what a grand achievement that is. I am very impressed.

Aw I'm blushing now.

I'd still pass the bottle of man flu @adrian207 recommended to any of you blokes that so much as sniffled though.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is off the MAN FLU capsules website............................

Men
Enough is enough! Isn’t it about time us lads get the attention we deserve when we are feeling a bit miserable.

We all know there is no cure for the misery men feel, at least now you can get a bit of comfort, soothing and sympathy in multiple forms.

Take a look at our guide to reduce misery
1) Get suitable assistance

You will need somebody who can tend to your needs. This will include; getting food, drinks and assuring you are always comfortable.

Here is a list of 5 things you may like to hear:

-“I know I can’t understand how bad it must be, you really are brave, I’m so sorry handsome – let me look after you”.
-“No, you take the sofa. I can sit over here – No really I insist, here’s the remote – can I get you another pillow?”.
-“What can I get you, chicken soup? Another drink? A bite to eat – I’ll make you your favourite”.
-“Let me go to the shops and get you a magazine and something special to cheer you up”.
-“Let me leave you in peace so you can watch your DVD box sets / play your new game / watch the match”.

2) Recommended Entertainment

We advise that to make sure you are still fully functional you should play on one of the following games consoles:

-Xbox 360
-PlayStation 3
(If you are feeling brave then a light session on a Nintendo Wii is acceptable)

Another alternative is to select the right viewing material. It is difficult to advise on the best thing to watch because its dependent on the mood. Here are some of our personal favourite films:

-The Hangover
-Step Brothers
-American Pie

3) Menvironment

It is essential that you are in the ideal ‘Menvironment’. This is our man environment which has been created to help us through our day making life as easy and comfortable as possible. Make note of the following and make sure you have access to them:

-Seating/lying position
You aren’t going to move for a long period of time, so make sure you are in a position that is comfortable to be in and one where you can see the TV easily.
-Temperature
The room you will be in needs to be at the correct temperature. We think it’s best that you have access to a quilt in case you get too cold and on the other hand a well ventilated room that can cool you down if it gets too warm.
-Create your ‘Area of Movement’
Everything you need must be within reaching distance of the position you are sat/lying in. That means the remotes, drinks, food or any other essentials must be kept close by!
-Toilet breaks
Unfortunately at some point you will probably have to move out of your position to go to the toilet. Make sure that there is either; an advert break long enough, you can pause / leave the game you are playing or you can pause the film you are watching.

OUR MANTRA
Make sure you stay in – for the benefit of others.
Avoid children (yours, neighbours, relatives – the problems are 10x).
Never forget only you can truly know how bad you feel.
Forget who looked after you – at your peril.
Let nature take its course if you want – but comfort, soothing and sympathy really helps.

Women
Is he lying on the sofa feeling sorry for himself, yet again? Here is what we recommend.

We all know there is no cure for the misery men feel, at least now they can get a bit more comfort, soothing and sympathy in a bottle.

If he loved you the 5 things he would say:
1. “I know you work so hard, you barely get any time to yourself as it is. Don’t be running around after me, I’m a big boy now and can look after myself”.

2.“No, you take the sofa. I will go to bed and keep my germs away. No really I insist, here’s the remote – can I get you a cup of tea?”.

3. “When you don’t feel good I will be the most understanding, sympathetic and best boyfriend / husband you could dream of. I will do the shopping, look after the house, plump up your pillows and kiss your forehead”.

4.“I just wanted to buy you a little pressie for looking after me. This weekend it is about us – I’ve booked a table at your favourite restaurant and then we can curl up and watch that film you’ve been talking about”.

5. “Let me leave you in peace so you can watch your favourite TV shows, I’m off to bed / work / moan in the other room”.

Fact: We know how he feels – because he’s milking it and being a bit of a wimp.

Science: Yes our bodies are different, our immune systems are different, and our genetic makeup is different.

Nature: Anyway, has he even suffered pain? Period pain? Child birth? No. Case closed.

Top tips
Know his limits! If you are asked to buy him ‘something’ or ‘tablets’ or whatever, it doesn’t really matter what you get him because he’ll still moan anyway.

If sympathy, care and attention are being demanded the phrase ‘you are such a wimp’ is likely to result in a category A grade sulk. Meaning some peace and quiet for at least half an hour.

If his moaning persists bath him and send him straight to bed! Give yourself a bit of alone time to relax because we all know you’ve been rushing non-stop all day whilst the most he has done is move 2 feet to get the remote!

Blondie153

You are right I don't think people (women) take man flu seriously enough. Thank goodness I saw this video before my husband got it. This saved my marriage and my husbands life as I knew what to look out for!

Take a look at this video on YouTube:

Reactions: 6 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are right I don't think people (women) take man flu seriously enough. Thank goodness I saw this video before my husband got it. This saved my marriage and my husbands life as I knew what to look out for!

Take a look at this video on YouTube:

Bless you Blondie, that brought tears to my eyes. For years I have struggled trying to educate women on the seriousness of MAN FLU but alas it always seemed to fall on deaf ears. Thank you for finding this obviously re enacted interview but nevertheless true account of what MAN FLU is actually all about. I will ask Giverny if there is a way to have this video (although not directly linked to Diabetes) locked onto the forums for everybody to see and to be educated by.
Once again, bless you for bringing this to everybodys attention. Oh thank you smiley.jpg