Type 1 and high bloods

Chappers131

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my 6 year old was diagnosed two weeks ago I've just done her bloods and they were 15.9 ketones are lo .... Is there anything u can do to help bring them down?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Is your daughter on a twice daily injections or multiple daily injections, meaning she injects before each meal?

Try ringing the NHS on 111 and they will advise you further.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Do you have access to the ward where she was kept after diagnoses as they should be able to help or an on call paediatrician can be called.

Reactions: 2 people

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
These definitely sound like concerns to take to your doctor! Recently, I had a test done that showed my A1c levels at 8.5%, normal is around 6%. This is a blood test that tests the glucose levels of your blood for a 3 month average and is an indicator of pre diabetes. I also had high cholesterol. Total was at 239 which is considered borderline high. I started a plan in March that has helped me lose weight, lower my cholesterol and bring my blood sugar down to normal. All without medication. I hope your visit goes well tomorrow and that your test results turn out better than mine were.
The good news is that there is a solution out there that doesn't require medication. If you want to know about it, please check out this website. Please ALWAYS get the advice of your doctor.