What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

What kind of sugar free choc are you using Jan? @Sable_Jan :)
Hi Adelle, it's called naturaloptions. Comes in plain, milk orange and mint flavours. There may be more - only had these where I got them from. Much prefer Thorntons which is probs no dearer at normal price. Looking at the ingredients don't know where stated carbs come from - and no effect in bs (for me,at least)

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's food:

B - face 9bar and coffee with cream
L - small pice of salmon 28gs Cheshire cheese and a large green salad
D - very naughty, scampi & chips with peas... When it came I suddenly realised that I didn't want it .... I ate all he scampi and about 6 chips and left the rest....I was amazed with myself and annoyed also.. I really didn't enjoy it one bit...the thought was definitely better than the reality.

Reactions: 14 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Today after having bullet coffee (butter and coconut oil mixed in coffee) for breakfast and afternoon coffee with coconut oil and Jersey cream, I'll spoil myself with a piece of tail end of beef filet nicely fried in butter and a splash of brandy. For the last couple of weeks I've also included some bone broth in diet, sip it as consomme before dinner. Since it's Saturday, I might have few of my favourite treat - smoked almonds.

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

So far
Breakfast: toast loaded with butter and 1 tsp marmalade
Lunch: Quorn Korma (using jar sauce) with sweetcorn and rice
Tea: Ditto but with Naan Bread instead of rice (45g carbs)
Snacks: oh, not had any yet BUT I have just "baked" a apple and blackberry crumble (sachet fruit and ready mixed crumble) that I intend to have "some" of but as with @Kezzer4321 it may be that the crumble really is better in thought than reality but if I DO have some it will be with thick squirty cream (damage limitations and all that :hilarious:)

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Today after having bullet coffee (butter and coconut oil mixed in coffee) for breakfast and afternoon coffee with coconut oil and Jersey cream, I'll spoil myself with a piece of tail end of beef filet nicely fried in butter and a splash of brandy. For the last couple of weeks I've also included some bone broth in diet, sip it as consomme before dinner. Since it's Saturday, I might have few of my favourite treat - smoked almonds.
Is that all you have had today? Bit concerned that you aren't eating enough :(

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast cold sausage
Lunch tuna crunch salad with few of Mr E's crisps
Snack dark chocolate and handful peanuts
Dinner chicken and leek stew with bacon , Savoy cabbage, cauli cheese mash and tbsp peas

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Woah, that crumble was sweet. Even with the mountain of extra thick squirty cream I think its going to be a lightening pole rather than a spike!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 rashers bacon fried in own fat, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes all fried in butter
L: leftover warmed-up veg & nut loaf with mixed salad, mayo, gherkins
D: lamb mince cooked in red wine with tomato & rosemary layered with aubergine, topped with cauli & cheese mash, more cheese, yoghurt & paprika

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. 2 fried eggs, 2 bacon.
L. 2 lamb burgers in lettuce wraps.
D. Awesome!:stinkyfeet: Not sure how appetising the pic looks if it loads! pork steak, shredded lettuce, cucumber and spring onion mint and yoghurt raita, cauliflower bhaji ( recipe adjusted but from someone here -fab! :)), cauliflower tortillas. Wow! Bg 5.5 before and 6.7 2 hrs after, bit disappointed to be honest as whole meal was basically pork, cauliflower eggs and salad :(. Tasted amazing though. :happy:

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Grilled bacon and tomatoes, scrambled eggs.
Snack: half a pot of Yeo Valley cottage cheese - wonderful stuff.
Lunch: Avocado with mayonaise, cucumber and celery.
Dinner: Chicken and maaaaaaany vegetables followed by yogurt.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pic here maybe

Attachments

• 20150131_164012.jpg
    20150131_164012.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 220

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. 2 fried eggs, 2 bacon.
L. 2 lamb burgers in lettuce wraps.
D. Awesome!:stinkyfeet: Not sure how appetising the pic looks if it loads! pork steak, shredded lettuce, cucumber and spring onion mint and yoghurt raita, cauliflower bhaji ( recipe adjusted but from someone here -fab! :)), cauliflower tortillas. Wow! Bg 5.5 before and 6.7 2 hrs after, bit disappointed to be honest as whole meal was basically pork, cauliflower and salad :(. Tasted amazing though. :happy:

Looks lovely. 6.7 isn't bad and it may be the portion size rather than what you ate as it were.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOT="cold ethyl, post: 752881, member: 107467"]Looks lovely. 6.7 isn't bad and it may be the portion size rather than what you ate as it were.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Its that cauli bhaji! Can't leave it alone :hungry: x

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Being new to the site it's been great to go through this thread seeing what you all have I have been having egg and bacon etc and trying to keep to low carbs but having a very bad cold and cough it makes it harder as I think cough mixture and throut sweets are making it hard to work out but hopefully next week it will have gone
Thanks for this thread really helpful

Reactions: 11 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there anyway of finding out the carb content of a homemade Indian meal? Trying to use Carbs&Cals to work it out but its proving well nigh impossible.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there anyway of finding out the carb content of a homemade Indian meal? Trying to use Carbs&Cals to work it out but its proving well nigh impossible.
Why can't you work it out.? If you weigh your ingredients then calc their carbs then divide by portions you'll be in right ballpark.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B small bowl of porridge 7.4, 2hr 6.7 (last time I had it really spiked me bad so happy with that, once in a while treat)
L Som Tam, pork scratchings and slice of cheese, sugar free jelly. 5.9, 2hr 7.4
2 x hot Bovril (thx Ethyl & Brun much better today, still some but not as bad)
D Tom Kha Gai & omelette 6.2, 2hr 7.8
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1422746955.455681.jpg

S

Sable_Jan

Why can't you work it out.? If you weigh your ingredients then calc their carbs then divide by portions you'll be in right ballpark.
Carbs and cals is pretty much a picture book of meals. I gave mine away as found it useless. I now use GI and GL counter - think its by Winnie Chan. Pocket size and very useful. Got 2nd hand copy cheap on eBay

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Try myfitness pal, online or app. Put in your ingredients and it will give you all the nutritional info x

Status
Not open for further replies.