always high blood sugar for unknown reason

zaid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all iam 16 years old 180lb but lean and muscler (see my profile pic hehehe) go to gym 4 day a week I have very strict diet , sleep
For 8 hours and take my insulin in organized way but for unknown reason my blood sugar is always high specially in morning about 200 for unknown reason( I take 1 unit of fast acting insulin per 7 gram of carbs) but still my body not responding
Any help will be appreciated

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome :)

I think it would be a good plan to speak to your diabetic team in view of your age, hormonal activity can affect insulin use, so your dosages may need adjusting. Actually, in my experience , the dosages need adjusting often no matter how old or young you are :rolleyes: If you are high in the morning the likely culprit would be your basal insulin .

Good luck with sorting out the problem

Signy

Reactions: 2 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello all iam 16 years old 180lb but lean and muscler (see my profile pic hehehe) go to gym 4 day a week I have very strict diet , sleep
For 8 hours and take my insulin in organized way but for unknown reason my blood sugar is always high specially in morning about 200 for unknown reason( I take 1 unit of fast acting insulin per 7 gram of carbs) but still my body not responding
Any help will be appreciated

Zaid, are you using bulking supplements?

zaid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will just try to drop my body fat to 10% because I hear the more you have body fat the more your insulin resistance

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Heya,

There's always a reason for high sugars, it's just a case of understanding why, so as suggested it is more likely your background insulin. What insulin are you on and do you take split doses ?

;)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is it high when you wake up, or high after breakfast?

If there's a difference in overnight levels, then your basal dose will probably be too low. If it's high after breakfast, then you're probably experiencing the dawn phenomenon.