NOVOPASS 34G NEEDLES

ANDYSTEER

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arrogance
I am diabetic type 1 have been for 40 years and presently experiencing some pain when injecting with 32g,needles. Am trying to obtain 34g needles but quite expensive and,not on prescription. Could anyone tell me if they have found,them cheaper than£35 please

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't know they did that gauge of needle, and then again it depends what pen you use as fittings differ between manufacturers,

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good point. What injection device are you using ? And what length needles ?

Signy

ANDYSTEER

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arrogance
Good point. What injection device are you using ? And what length needles ?

Signy
Hi I use the novoflexpen with levmir and novorapid flexipen and have been using novopass 32.5 g which I buy at 12.95 a box but cheapest I can find 34g is 35 pound quite a jump but the 32.5 are a little less painful so if need be I will pay was just hoping someone might know a cheaper source

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm presuming you are in the UK , Andy ? You should get your needles on prescription , so why do you need to buy them ? Not a criticism , ;) just wondering ?

I'm also wondering if it's the length, not the gauge that's causing you problems , are your current needles 5mm or above ?

Signy

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you confirm you are using 4mm needles i.e. the shortest you can get?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Wow. 34G! I'm still using the 30G needles (but then mine are 8mm). I wasn't aware you could go so fine. I understand that the principle of ultra fine needles is that you are less likely to hit pain receptors when entering the skin, so length is less of an issue.

ANDYSTEER

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arrogance
I'm presuming you are in the UK , Andy ? You should get your needles on prescription , so why do you need to buy them ? Not a criticism , ;) just wondering ?

I'm also wondering if it's the length, not the gauge that's causing you problems , are your current needles 5mm or above ?

Signy
Hi guys I am in the UK but doctors won't or can't provide these needles due to cost so I buy them. I use 4 mm needles which I can get free if I use bd microfine as they are cheaper but not novopass and I do understand but 35 pounds is quite a lot more but from what I've heard 34g are almost pain free they also make 33g for novopens but these too are not available in UK and need to be bought via a company called medisafe at 35 pound

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I get Novofine Plus needles from a company called Farmaline.co.uk for £13.75 plus postage they are 4mm and are superb needles never have any pain with them use them in all sites including arms and bum.